Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

Unusual for Italians due to their supersticious number being i think 17 !

Recall a Deck 13 on Divina but no 17.

Spot on. No superstition attached to 13.

17, however, in Roman numerals is XVII, which looks like the Latin "I have lived" or I am dead.

Yesterday between around 3 and 5 pm - MV Lone or a very similar looking heavy lift vessel could be seen on site, working for about 2 hrs on the port side of CC.

Look for the 31 May time lapse video here

http://www.kielmonitor.de/kino.php?cam=concordia

Mike, all I got looking at the link is the same frozen view I've had since yesterday. :(

As I type this the Circolo webcam is giving the best view. The barge (Conquest ?) is towards the back of CC. Possibly preparing for the return of 18 or is it already back on site?

Another barge has pulled next to the starboard forward side of CC.

Not sure what is currently off the port side.

http://www.isoladelgiglio.net/webcam.html

I just saw Lukas pass through the view of the spaiggia-arenella web cam with an empty barge so S18 has been unloaded.

At almost 8 a.m. in Giglio the cam shows the crane holding S18 in place.

Yes, the cam is still working properly. :D

Seems S18 has been released from MB1 so I guess that's back on. Last week's report indicated S14 and S15 were next, and tug Mario B is in Livorno with destination Giglio according to vessel finder and expected to arrive tomorrow.

I'd like to see more about the forward and aft sponsons. Hopefully they take some extra photos and do a little more in the website updates about those larger sponsons.

Seems S18 has been released from MB1 so I guess that's back on. Last week's report indicated S14 and S15 were next, and tug Mario B is in Livorno with destination Giglio according to vessel finder and expected to arrive tomorrow.

I'd like to see more about the forward and aft sponsons. Hopefully they take some extra photos and do a little more in the website updates about those larger sponsons.

I wonder which sponson was sitting in Porto Santo Stefano all week with Garibaldo and where it is now. Garibaldo moved to Piombino a couple of days ago and is still there.

I wonder which sponson was sitting in Porto Santo Stefano all week with Garibaldo and where it is now. Garibaldo moved to Piombino a couple of days ago and is still there.

I believe someone confirmed that as S4 from the Porto Santo Stefano webcam, but you're right, I was surprised they didn't install that one before moving MB1 aft to install S18. Lots of moving around. Guess they'll do 18, 14, 15 and come back forward and get 4, 3, 2, 1.

I believe someone confirmed that as S4 from the Porto Santo Stefano webcam, but you're right, I was surprised they didn't install that one before moving MB1 aft to install S18. Lots of moving around. Guess they'll do 18, 14, 15 and come back forward and get 4, 3, 2, 1.

I posted a link to the PSS webcam and said that the sponson shown was S4 but that was an assumption I made since they were working on S5 at the time and they had not yet brought S18 back.

Mario B left Livorno 2 hours ago and is enroute to Giglio. It will be interesting to see if she has 1 or 2 sponsons in tow.

Edited by Bearded Engineer

Continue speedily work of installation of caissons of removal project rigalleggiamento Costa Concordia by the waters of Isola del Giglio. With the completion – we read on the official website of the project – installation of the tank S 18 (formerly S13 which was due to return to Genoa for repairs) are now 9 caissons installed on total of 19 missing in vista del rigalleggiamento (15 on the starboard side, 4 on the left side to reach the total of 30 required).

Titan Micoperi engineers have planned for the next few days to continue with the caisson S14 on the starboard side, as soon as you have obtained the necessary authorisations from the Observatory.

Currently the time schedule is the goal of the rigalleggiamento and then the removal of the wreck by the end of July, prior authorisation by the competent authorities.

In the beautiful photos of our collaborator Giuseppe Modesti, some details of the cells of rigalleggiamento.

Some good pictures in the link.

http://www.giglionews.it/2014/06/06/proseguono-spediti-i-lavori-di-rimozione-concordia/

From parbuckle website:

http://www.theparbucklingproject.com/article/76/The_installation_of_the_sponsons_for_refloating_are_progressing_quickly_at_Giglio_Island

Snooping around in Google Maps I found this. http://*******/maps/07ltg

Those are Concordia's life boats. I don't know if they are still there or the date of this image.

Edit: Ok so the board won't let me put the URL. Replace the stars with goo dot gl and you will get to the page.

Edited by luisrp