Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

From TPP today:

Despite the strong winds have caused an interruption of operations during the night, divers are working to connect the last chains and cables. At the moment, there are still 2 chains and 4 cables to be connected to 3 of the starboard sponsons (S4, S5, S18). The chain related to starboard sponson S12 has reached its final position and, in the next few hours, the connection will be completed.

Time posted was not indicated.

From TPP yesterday:

Costa Crociere informs that the photographs and videos reported yesterday and today by the media, and related to the inside of the Concordia, are not official material and have not been released by Costa Crociere and the Titan Micoperi consortium.

Would be in reference to Tues and Wed.

Thanks for that.

So I doubt we'll see any lifting today then.

I've been watching the starboard sponsons quite intently the last few days, and I haven't seen evidence that any of them have been moved. Everything I've read indicates S3-S15 & (S18) will be re-positioned lower than they are now. All the attention the last 2 days seems to have been on passing and connecting chains & cables under the ship - and it makes sense to me that they would want that portion of the project at 100% before they start messing with the balance of individual sponsons.

Latest Tweet from TPP, 5 minutes prior to this post:

Parbuckling Project @InfoParbuckling

#Concordia is stable, chain and cable connections in progress. #refloating

Thank you for the update. Have a lot of the other people that used to be here , no longer keep up? You have been around from the start. I wish they could live stream the trial in english, that would be a heck of a trial to watch.

Thank you for the update. Have a lot of the other people that used to be here , no longer keep up? You have been around from the start. I wish they could live stream the trial in english, that would be a heck of a trial to watch.

You're welcome.

Yes, I have been here from the start. It's been an interesting learning project.

Some folks still drop in. Cheng, we know he's off the grid right now as he's working.

Agree on the trial.

More Tweets from TPP:

1 hr ago:

#increase tonnage does not impact the possibility of completing the #Concordia removal project. #refloating

#refloating of deck 5 possible on Saturday. #concordia

52 minutes ago

#Concordia #departure: technicians target Monday, but look also to Tuesday.

45 minutes ago

Porcellacchia: 2 chains and 4 cables still to be connected. #concordia #refloating

I check in 3 or 4 times a day.

But, I don't post when the topic is engineering and sailing issues which I avidly read and learn from those who have specialized knowledge and expertise in those areas.

When the issues involve legal matters, I always chime in with answers to queries or to offer my opinions based upon my specialized knowledge and expertise.

I'm sure there are more than a few of our thread cohorts who are doing the same.

John

But, I don't post when the topic is engineering and sailing issues which I avidly read and learn from those who have specialized knowledge and expertise in those areas.

When the issues involve legal matters, I always chime in with answers to queries or to offer my opinions based upon my specialized knowledge and expertise.

I'm sure there are more than a few of our thread cohorts who are doing the same.

John

I've been around since it all start but since I have no expertise in the legal or salvage areas I've been laying low and taking it all in.

I would like to say thanks to everyone's contributions to this thread. It's has been an amazing learning experience from the start.

John

Oooh we have our own Harvey Specter in the house! :)

I'm an Engineer so will stick to that side, but am finding the recovery fascinating

Oooh we have our own Harvey Specter in the house! :)

I'm an Engineer so will stick to that side, but am finding the recovery fascinating

Who's Harvey Spector?

Edited by Uniall

This may be a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer online. When is this trial supposed to end? The stories I've seen are dated back in the spring. What's happening with it now?

Very good question.

One article I read a month or so back suggested that the trial could run into mid/late 2015. Not sure if I linked it on the sister thread to this one.

With all the delays/recesses I wouldn't be surprised if it went into 2016! :rolleyes:

If we are going to mention specialties, mine would be links to articles. As I was downsized out of my job some years ago and have now reached retired bum status I have time to look around. ;)

I don't often mention speculate cuz so much of this is beyond my understanding. I do ask questions, which some may find stupid but if you don't ask you don't learn.

This may be a dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer online. When is this trial supposed to end? The stories I've seen are dated back in the spring. What's happening with it now?

Very good question.

Take a look at these posts on the sister thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42327370&postcount=3808

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42478774&postcount=3830

Edited by Uniall

There are no dumb questions. We don't learn if we don't ask. And oh my gosh that would be the worlds longest trial.

And I thought Casey Anthony at 5 months was long….:eek:

Thank you for all your linking and finding things for us. Keep up the great work.

Edited by USNUZULOOSE

OK folks so this is where I bow out for a couple of weeks.

I hope the operation to get CC to Genoa goes well and you all find it interesting.

I will be popping in as and when wifi allows.

Bye for now

Bon Voyage!

After checking the sponsons the spotlight concentrated on the bow. The boat has now moved on.

Also, some welding work on one of the sponsons was going on, white glow and some small red embers falling.

OK folks so this is where I bow out for a couple of weeks.

I hope the operation to get CC to Genoa goes well and you all find it interesting.

I will be popping in as and when wifi allows.

Bye for now

Enjoy your vacation.

Bon Voyage!

After checking the sponsons the spotlight concentrated on the bow. The boat has now moved on.

Also, some welding work on one of the sponsons was going on, white glow and some small red embers falling.

Looks like some welding is going on on the port side now