Tell me everything I need to know...

sandymac

about cruising carnival.

This is my first cruise with Carnival. My last cruise was about 9 years ago - just DH and I. Now we have 3 children, ages 2, 5, and 8 and don't know what to expect.

We are booked on Carnivals' Victory for Feb 19, 2006. So, my mission for the next 10 months to aquire all the information I can about this cruise.

Please tell me anything you can: Information, advice, tips.

Thank you so much,

Sandy

Here is a copy of camp papers for you to check out for your kids programs. I was told the activities are fleetwide and it only changes according to the ports and time. http://community.webshots.com/album/299741566PLYKOu

Your child will be 2 when you sail or will not be able to utlize the program. THe 2 and 5 year old willbe together-- the 8 year old will be in the 6-8 year olds. (If he turns 9- he can go to the 9-11 years old but this age group can sign themselves in and out.

wanna see the menu for the week>? http://community.webshots.com/album/231083491RrRMfu

menus are also fleetwide.

There will be lots of kids onboard your sailing as that s Presidents week and lots of families use that time for vacations.

Start making a list of things to pack now. That may sound silly but you'll be glad you did later on. There are just so many little things to remember, especially when you have kids.

Bring Zip lock bags! Before you go into port, hit the buffet and grab snacks for the kids. Put them in the Zip Locks to keep the sand out. It will keep the kids busy too.

Hello, We took our 1 and 3 year old last december. Here are some of the things I brought. extension cords, swim shoes, bibsters, disposable sippy cups, tv/vcr combo, videos, diaper cream, tylenol, sunscreen, botanicals (bug spray),inflatable baby pool for balcony, wet wipes(lots and lots),any type of medicine that you might need (benedryl), stroller, flashlight,walkie talkies, hand sanitizer, tote bag, baby bath wash, this is a very small list compared to the one I had. I just tried to list some stuff that you might forget while packing. I had to bring baby food, formula, bottles, everything. I even brought a walker. I even brought his high chair. We drove to New Orleans. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Take Care!! Good Luck.

Thanks for the links, my soon-to-be 8 year old was pleasantly surprised at the activities she will be able to enjoy. She was a little disappointed that she wouldn't be with her brother and sister, but after seeing the difference in activites, she was okay with it.

Thank you also for all the advice and tips. keep them coming!!!

Sandy

So, my mission for the next 10 months to aquire all the information I can about this cruise.

Please tell me anything you can: Information, advice, tips.

Thank you so much,

Sandy

Looks like you have plenty of time to read these boards before your cruise. Be sure to look back through the older posts and pick up tidbits there, too.

As long as you keep reading the posts here and look for reviews of your ship and itinerary, you'll feel you have enough info, advice, and tips to last you for several cruises! :)

HTH

Archived