First time Camp Carnival Question

sharktums

Hello!

Will be heading out on a Carnival cruise for the first time in 10 years, and it will be my five year olds first time on Carnival. She has very much enjoyed the Adventure Ocean program on RCCL these past five years.

My question is, with Carnival doing a 2 - 5 year old age group with kids in diapers, do the older 5 year olds still have fun? I just can picture the counselors having to spend a lot more time with the young two year olds then playing bigger, better games with the 5 year olds.

I'm assuming the programs are probably a lot more similar than different but would love to hear from some parents who've had kids in the older range of the youngest group.

Thanks! If it helps, we're going on the Ecstasy.

This is just my opinion and my son's experience on CCL.

He was 5 1/2 when we sailed last August. he normally enjoys the Kid's Club on NCL. He can't get there fast enough each day and I can barely get him to leave at night.

This time on CCL he called me frequently to come and get him and said he was really bored. He said they had a lot of free play and not a lot of organized activities. Maybe it was just an off week or something??

Archived