Help NY'ers - Taxi from Glendale to Manhattan

Moon Cruiser

We are staying with friends in Glendale, NY before our cruise in September. We plan to spend 3-4 days sightseeing NYC before our cruise departs. What's the best way to get to Manhattan from Glendale? Are there taxi's available? Trains?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

I agree. Hopstop is a great resource and usually spot on. I should mention, however, that Glendale doesn't have great access to public transport from what I understand.

In any case, Glendale is in Queens, so yes, you do have car service options. I'm sure your friends can make recommendations, but you can also check out Carmel.

Moon Cruiser ~

Taxis don't cruise around Glendale (in the New York City borough of Queens) the way they do in Manhattan, so it's highly unlikely that you would be able to flag down a taxi there to take you into Manhattan. In any case, the price of a cab between Glendale and Manhattan likely would be pretty much the same as the price of a cab between JFK or LGA and Manhattan--easily $40 plus tolls & tip, if I'm not mistaken. Do that both ways for three or four days, and your costs quickly would become quite substantial.

The subway (M train) will get you from Fresh Pond Road (a few blocks from Myrtle Avenue, the main thoroughfare in Glendale) to 42nd Street (Bryant Park) in Manhattan in about 35 minutes, and the fare is only $2.25 per person. Ask your friends in Glendale how far they live from the Fresh Pond Road station; depending on their location, you might be able to walk from their home to the station.

In addition to the Hopstop website recommended above, also check the MTA (NYC public transit) website, which features maps, schedules, and a handy trip planner function:

http://mta.info/

Cheers,

Post Captain

Archived