Spa Reservation

hughdm

This will be our first Celebrity cruise. We thought we'd do it right (for us), so we got a Sky Suite. I usually reserve a hot stone massage for the DW on the first sea day. When I go in to the web site, it varies from not available at all to maybe an opening at 8 AM! :eek: Today, I called the 800 number to get a reservation for the specialty dining reservation that comes with our suite, and I asked about the spa thing. The representative said that I should email the week before the cruise and ask. I said "email who?", then she said that 30 days out, I would get a call from what I swear she called the "Celebrity Experience Desk" that was for suite passengers. She gave me their number. By now, I was a bit confused. Being the good CCer that I am, I went and searched the forums, and I can't find anything about such a desk.

My questions:

1. Can anybody tell me about this desk?
  2. Does anyone have experience with reserving spa services the week before as she describes?

Thanks!

Don't know anything about the Celebrity Experience Desk. But as far as spa services go, I have come to the conclusion that the options for booking in advance are very limited. Every time I look online, they only show options for their deluxe packages (massage, facial, mani, etc...). Seems they want to try and sell the big stuff in advance to those who are willing, and then parse out the individual appointments once on board.

Hopefully someone with suite services will be able to help you. But I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it. Just head to the spa after boarding and you should be able to book whatever you want. I've never had trouble making appointments on a cruise.

When we were in Aqua Class on Equinox last November, we received an email about 3 weeks before sailing from (I think) our "Concierge", introducing himself and saying he would be available for assistance with various things, like booking restaurants, spa services, etc.

At least I remember something along those lines, I did not keep the email and I never used his services either.

When we were in Aqua Class on Equinox last November, we received an email about 3 weeks before sailing from (I think) our "Concierge", introducing himself and saying he would be available for assistance with various things, like booking restaurants, spa services, etc.

At least I remember something along those lines, I did not keep the email and I never used his services either.

Hi Hughdm,

My experience was similar to MICHIDOEME, although in our case we received a phone-call from Celebrity asking us if "there was anything they could do for us"... (they plugged it as a Customer Service Follow-Up Call)

Don't know if it is now called the "Experience Desk".... but do know that we heard here on the CC CELEBRITY BOARDS of many others getting these "personal check-up" calls from Celebrity in the timeframe before their cruise (we cruised Mid-January and like MICHIDOEME got the call sometime in the Late Fall)

At the time I posted my "experience" as well... and a lot of other CC Members here on the Board said they thought it was not much more than a call to see if we wanted to buy any services (we didn't... but I don't really remember the call as being anything near a hard sell... at the most they said, something along the lines of... call us if you need to book a Specialty Restaurant, Spa Service etc). Like others we were impressed with the call... felt as newcomers to Celebrity that it was a nice aspect of Customer Service, and saw it as a "good sign" of things to come (and in the end now that the cruise is over and done with... I'd say I was right in those assumptions)

BTW, we were in Concierge Class.

Cheers!

Archived