PB Tom

Scants

We are coming to Paradise beach on May 12 and I was wondering if there is a place to get some braids in my hair there. As well can we rent a jet ski at PB Beach? If so what is the cost?

Thanks TOm....Looking forward to meeting you. You have answered so many of my questions :)

in Cozumel. I want to go to a beach with a fresh water pool for one of my sons, and I noticed that San Francisco has one, but my other son really wanted to enjoy your beach toys like the ice burgs. Are the two beaches close enough to walk between comfortably? Just how far is it?

Is there an admission chg to your place? Haven't seen this on any posts yet. Rental charge for chairs, rafts, umbrellas?

Looked at cruisecal and there are only 2 other ships in that day, and NOT DCL! Are the chances good for a "beach to ourselvs"?

We visited Sally at her mini golf 2 years ago when we were on the Carnival Pride. I brought her some Starbucks coffee! Noticed you are partial to Campbells chunky corn chowder! Any other Ga or southern goodies we could bring?

Can't wait for our visit in a little less than a month!

Jacquelyn :D

Hi J...we are side-by-side so not a lot of walking required!

PB has free entry, lounge chairs and umbrellas. If you'd like to use any or all of the watertoys, we'll charge you just $5USD for a water activities bracelet. This entitles you to unlimited use of kayaks, full snorkel equipment, climbing iceburg, floaty mats and the trampoline.

With only 3 ships in, we'll be only about 1/3rd full...there's 4 in today, and we never got past 1/2 full...

Oh!! VIDALIA ONIONS!!! I know ya can't bring in the raw vegetable, but could ya bring me some VO relish? I'll pay you for it of course....hasta la vista!!

I think one kind has a mustard base and the other does not. Any preference? I'll check the local grocers and a road side fruit/veggie stand near work for some.

VO's are not in season till later in the summer, otherwise I might try to sneak you a couple! They make the BEST onion rings!

You mentioned about school supplies.... Will gently used back packs do? My boys have a couple. Walmart had markers and compasses on clearance the other day. I'll check it out for other things they might have too. My parents went to China several years ago and took crayons and coloring books to the children in the country. My dad said it was such a joy to watch the childrens' faces light up when you gave them the gifts.

It's getting warm in Atlanta, but I can't wait for our turn in the Cozumel Sun! :)

Without mustard, Thanx!! My Mom brought some back with her years ago and I've loved them ever since!! (though I have cheated on them with other onions, and the occasional leek...)

Gently used backpacks are great! Thanx for thinking 'bout the kids!

Hi J...we are side-by-side so not a lot of walking required!

PB has free entry, lounge chairs and umbrellas. If you'd like to use any or all of the watertoys, we'll charge you just $5USD for a water activities bracelet. This entitles you to unlimited use of kayaks, full snorkel equipment, climbing iceburg, floaty mats and the trampoline.

Hi Tom!

I'm just wondering what kind of snorkeling you have there? Thanks a bunch!

Steph

We have some good snorkeling by the coral heads (marked by one red and one white buoy) and recently our new pier has been attracting some life (yellow rays, needlefish). If you want the best shore snorkel, you´ll have to find a rocky shore such as Dzul-Ha which is on the way to PB. Stop there 1st, then come to PB and spend the rest o the day on a sandy beach...hasta la vista!

Oh, found an old review of our snorkeling....

Quote:

Originally Posted by keysjohnson

We were on the Carnival Triumph, just got back this morning. On Monday we were at Paradise Beach. WONDERFUL! There were at least 4 ships in port and no crowds at all. The beach is beautiful, bathrooms clean, service was great. The taxi's all know where it is so it's very easy to get too. We had 2 chairs and an umbrella and a nice table in between. We used the mats to float on. We also snorkled and for all you snorkel fans, it was way better than anticapated. If you snorkel out almost to the bouys, there are a couple of coral heads. They are not very big, but there was a lot of fish around them. The day had started out rainy and cloudy so the water was a litle stirred up and choppy but you could still see very well. I saw some of the biggest conch I've ever seen. We saw parrot fish, angel fish, blue tangs, lots of juveniles of different kinds, and a nice variety of other small fish. We shopped first so we didn't get there until around 1pm. Our server was fantastic. Tom, I wish I would have gotten his name! Anyway, if you are thinking of going, do it, you won't regret the decision. Next time we're in Cozumel, we're going back. The nachos were great! Our total bill was $33 and we had several drinks and the food. Can't beat that! I'll be glad to answer any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I'll have to make a quick stop on the way down from Atlanta. There is a farmers market in Cordele, GA that carries it. AND I found out that Vidalia's are in season NOW!! :)

I know there are rules about bringing stuff from a port onto a ship and from the ship home, but are there rules about bring stuff off ship onto the island?? Wouldn't bring many, just 3 or 4.

Looking forward to visiting you in about 18 days! :)

Although I'll have to make a quick stop on the way down from Atlanta. There is a farmers market in Cordele, GA that carries it. AND I found out that Vidalia's are in season NOW!! :)

I know there are rules about bringing stuff from a port onto a ship and from the ship home, but are there rules about bring stuff off ship onto the island?? Wouldn't bring many, just 3 or 4.

Looking forward to visiting you in about 18 days! :)

This past Tuesday in Cozumel I had an apple in my hand as we were leaving the ship and a crew member almost tackled me to get it. It was "confiscated." :rolleyes:

PB Tom

How far is Playa Mia from you? It sounds like it is pretty close. My husband and I will be doing the Mexican Cooking School there and would like our 3 boys- 16,19,21 to spend time at your beach while we are "cooking" and then meet up with them at the beach-

Thanks-

PS Although we now live in FL- we lived many years in Atlanta- Vidallias are the best- I

have a few connections and will try to get you some vidallia "stuff"

jacquelyn11...Hey! Thanx for going to all that trouble, but please don't go outta your way for me! It's stressful enough getting ready for vacation, you don't need a side trip as well!

DO NOT bring any fruit, veg, cheese, meats etc. with you. Not allowed and you could get into mucho trouble if caught! Thankfully, 65" Panasonic Plasma TV's don't fall into this catagory! :D

What is the exact date you'll be here? Wanna put it in the daytimer!

lstiblier...we are quite close, about a 5 min. walk along the beach!

Vidalia are sooo good! See ya soon and thanx! Ohh! What date will you be here?

And it's no trouble to stop on the way. The market is just off the expressway and we usually take breaks to stretch our legs!

Our anticipated date is Friday, May 27 on the Mariner of the Seas! Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi Tom!

Sorry we missed you on Monday, May 2nd. Oso said you were not in Cozumel. Off playing again? Did you get the 2 cans of Chunky Steak we brought you? Check out my travel pics for a picture of the pineapple drink I had...yummy!!!!! Nice beach...very relaxing day! The Paradise T-shirt is the only souvenir T-shirt we bought on the whole trip! :D

Hey Tom, lock up the women and hide the booze, we'll be in Coz on May 20th on the Rhapsody. Looking forward to visiting PB again! Save us a drink (or two?)

poppajoe and cyndi luu who

lstiblier...I will relish the relish...gracias :D

P-o-Q-al...I was just waiting for you to post so I could thank you...THANK YOU!! :)

Yes, I got the soup, wish I had it in McAllen TX...cool and drizzly and it was a business trip, so not a lot of "playing" :(

Glad you had a great day!

poppajoe...can´t do that...it's the only reason I work here :p !!

See ya soon, guys!

Warm Breezes...Ya gotta be 16 to drive, but kids can ride along with adults...no problemo!

Archived