Apple juice, lemonaid, Ice Tea???

strype2

No juice on the soda card. Free ice tea in all dining places including buffet but not a bars. No lemonade but cranberry juice in the buffet in the morning. Bring a big insulted cup and fill it on glass at a time in the buffet. You can't place the large container under the dispenser.

You won't find lemonade on NCL, in general. You will find juices in the kids section of the buffet at all meals and in the regular section for breakfast. Some juices are available in the dinning rooms for kids, too.

I have not seen Iced tea, but you can make your own from hot tea and a glass of ice.

Many people bring the flavoring packets in their favorite flavors and add them to the available water. If you do that, you might want to bring a few bottles of water to be refilled using the ships water during the cruise.

In the MDR's you get just about any type of juice for breakfast. Prune, grapefruit, apple Orange, cranberry juice cocktail (not 100%)

Ice tea is free any place but bars, just bring it in big travel cup from the cafe to shows and such.

I was filling some juices from the buffet for the cabin fridge for during the day. Only cranberry and Orange on that.

Is the ice tea sweetened like Lipton/brisk or nestle . My kids won't drink Real ice tea only the sweetened ones . Only 40 days to go for us , and it can't be soon enough since its storming here today snow and then freezing rain tonight.

Is the ice tea sweetened like Lipton/brisk or nestle . My kids won't drink Real ice tea only the sweetened ones . Only 40 days to go for us , and it can't be soon enough since its storming here today snow and then freezing rain tonight.

It is very real unsweetened ice tea. You need to let the ice melt to drink it. You may want to consider some dry drink mixes to bring onboard for the kids or even drink boxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Is there a charge for Apple juice, Lemonaid and Ice tea? We will be traveling on the Gem with 2 children 7 & 3. Do we need to get them a "soda card"? They don't drink soda only juice etc......

I didn't see any lemonaid on our recent Gem cruise. The iced tea is unsweetened and available in the buffet (most of the day). Juice drinks are available in the morning and sometimes in the kids' area of the buffet. However, these are not 100% fruit juices, they're blended drinks with mostly water, sugars, dyes, flavorings, preservatives and some small amount of whatever juice they're going to call it (for example, a little orange juice or apple juice, etc.).

If you would prefer real juices for your kids, I suggest bringing your own. The asceptic juice packs work well because they fit onto the small shelves of the cabin's frig.

In the MDR's you get just about any type of juice for breakfast. Prune, grapefruit, apple Orange, cranberry juice cocktail (not 100%)

Ice tea is free any place but bars, just bring it in big travel cup from the cafe to shows and such.

I was filling some juices from the buffet for the cabin fridge for during the day. Only cranberry and Orange on that.

Regarding the Garden Cafe machines on Gem, they did have apple jc. as well as OJ and cran. Never checked the machines in the Great Outdoors but they have some out there, too. I didn't check the children's section of the buffet but you might have luck there as well.

Unless something has changed since last February, they aren't really serving juice.

The OJ at breakfast is a particularly vile juice-cocktail thing that has little to do with orange juice. There's a lot of some kind of thickener/sweetener in it. Grapefruit juice was the same way. I'm gonna guess the apple juice ain't real pure either.

Unless something has changed since last February, they aren't really serving juice.

The OJ at breakfast is a particularly vile juice-cocktail thing that has little to do with orange juice. There's a lot of some kind of thickener/sweetener in it. Grapefruit juice was the same way. I'm gonna guess the apple juice ain't real pure either.

The apple juice at the kid's buffet section was fine. I had no issues with the orange juice served at the buffet either because I wasn't expecting fresh-squeezed or anything. I suspect most people won't have an issue.

The apple juice at the kid's buffet section was fine. I had no issues with the orange juice served at the buffet either because I wasn't expecting fresh-squeezed or anything. I suspect most people won't have an issue.

I don't know anything about the juice from the buffet. The OJ from the MDR and room service isn't orange juice. It's worse than Tang. If the buffet is actually dispensing juice I might need to get a glass on the way to the dining room.

For the tiny amount that it added to my final bill, I allowed my daughter to order her own apple juice from any of the bars during the day (it was always available free at breakfast in the buffet). The look on her face when I let her order it and sign for it on her own card was priceless:D:D

I don't know anything about the juice from the buffet. The OJ from the MDR and room service isn't orange juice. It's worse than Tang. If the buffet is actually dispensing juice I might need to get a glass on the way to the dining room.

Don't bother stopping at the buffet- they have the same "fake" juice! I can't say whether or not Cagney's has 100% juices since I've never asked them to show me the labels on their containers (and I always avoid NCL's juices, just in case). I do know that their coffee (French pressed) is vastly superior to the coffee in the buffet or dining rooms, so maybe they do use a different juice too!

Archived