Pianist vs. Social Host

Herbaltees

Any past Brides/ or Guests out there who had the pianist at the reception?

Was the experience like being at a "piano bar"? Where the piano player plays and everyone can sing along?

Are you able to request songs? Give him/her a playlist?

What was the reception like? Were there those traditional moments of a reception there?

Those with social host only? What was that like?

As you know, I had the DJ, but I can tell you that they include any of the traditional reception moments that you want. We had the first dance, toast, cake cutting and bouquet toss. They would also do the father/daughter, mother/son dances and the garter thing if you wanted them too. They are pretty flexible. They also didn't kick us out right at 3:00. It was probably 3:15 when they stopped the music and told people they had to leave.

In case you are interested, my pictures: Professional and from family/friends.

Also, noticed on another board that you were nixing the disco because of the ADA issue. They will accommodate someone in a wheel chair or who can't go down stairs by letting them take a staff elevator that leads into the kitchen area. My husband's grandmother came in this way, and I left this way because my feet hurt and I wasn't in the mood for stairs. They had absolutely no problem with this.

As you know, I had the DJ, but I can tell you that they include any of the traditional reception moments that you want. We had the first dance, toast, cake cutting and bouquet toss. They would also do the father/daughter, mother/son dances and the garter thing if you wanted them too. They are pretty flexible. They also didn't kick us out right at 3:00. It was probably 3:15 when they stopped the music and told people they had to leave.

In case you are interested, my pictures: Professional and from family/friends.

Also, noticed on another board that you were nixing the disco because of the ADA issue. They will accommodate someone in a wheel chair or who can't go down stairs by letting them take a staff elevator that leads into the kitchen area. My husband's grandmother came in this way, and I left this way because my feet hurt and I wasn't in the mood for stairs. They had absolutely no problem with this.

Congratulations and welcome back! You look beautiful in your pictures and it looks like you and your guests had a wonderful time at your wedding. Are you going to do a review? I'd be really interested in any tips or advice you can offer.

Yes, we decided to go ahead with the piano player for the reception. I think that will be a nice change because the night before we are having a BIG DJ party, etc.

Thank you!

The Pianist sounds nice, especially since you are having the AHR.

I know I need to do a review... just haven't really had time. Overall, it was a great experience and I highly recommend it.

The boat was just the right size, the staff were wonderful, the photographer was fabulous (he will push the up-sell, just be aware. He creates photo books for an extra $1k). If there are photos you want to make sure you have (locations, etc), make a list and give it to him ahead of time. I actually printed out pics of others that I liked on the boat since I didn't know the names of the locations. This worked pretty well.

Don't be afraid to ask for things you want. They are very accommodating.

Have a plan for how you are going to get everything on and off the boat. This was, by far, the most stressful point of the entire experience. Assign things to trustworthy guests so you don't have to worry about it.

If there are things that you won't need after the wedding (decorations, etc) consider giving them to a non-sailing guest to take with them off the boat so you don't have to worry about it later.

Leave your shyness at home. EVERYONE on the boat will talk to you, wish you congrats, want to buy you drinks, ask about the wedding, etc. all week. Once you walk through the main lobby in the white dress, anonymity goes out the window. We attended, and were drafted to participate in, the Love and romance show (they actually said "are the people that got married on Sunday here?" and people pointed us out). That show plays on TV throughout the week, so anyone who didn't see you in the dress on Sunday will see you on their TVs all week. You will be known as the wedding couple, so get used to it.

If you have other questions, feel free to email me. brookelayne at me dot com.

Thank you!

The Pianist sounds nice, especially since you are having the AHR.

I know I need to do a review... just haven't really had time. Overall, it was a great experience and I highly recommend it.

Leave your shyness at home. EVERYONE on the boat will talk to you, wish you congrats, want to buy you drinks, ask about the wedding, etc. all week. Once you walk through the main lobby in the white dress, anonymity goes out the window. We attended, and were drafted to participate in, the Love and romance show (they actually said "are the people that got married on Sunday here?" and people pointed us out). That show plays on TV throughout the week, so anyone who didn't see you in the dress on Sunday will see you on their TVs all week. You will be known as the wedding couple, so get used to it.

I'm not going to tell my FH this part. He will want to stay in the cabin the whole week. LOL. But it's right up my "celebrity status' alley! :D

I'm so happy that you have had nothing but good things to say about the whole experience. It puts my mind at ease. (BTW: loved the shawl. Hotness!)

When you get a chance to do your review can you include some insight on the local vendors you used, as well?

Thanks for the offer to help and congratulations again.

Archived