Whisper May,24,2012

e.h. beach bum

We will be on this voyage. We are "old timers" in many ways. As far as SS is concerned, the Whisper is our favorite ship. We have sailed on her may times..see the old timer reference! The Whisper is our favorite ship, mostly because of the wonderful crew. They are, simply put, terrific. They are professional, friendly and kind...and often a lot of fun. The ship, as of this past January, is looking good! This will be a fascinating itinerary. We sailed on almost the same itinerary about ten years ago.

Bring a sweater! It can get pretty cold in Scotland. Hope we'll meet up on board. Bon voyage.

We will be on this voyage. We are "old timers" in many ways. As far as SS is concerned, the Whisper is our favorite ship. We have sailed on her may times..see the old timer reference! The Whisper is our favorite ship, mostly because of the wonderful crew. They are, simply put, terrific. They are professional, friendly and kind...and often a lot of fun. The ship, as of this past January, is looking good! This will be a fascinating itinerary. We sailed on almost the same itinerary about ten years ago.

Bring a sweater! It can get pretty cold in Scotland. Hope we'll meet up on board. Bon voyage.

Are we on the same voyage? The one we are on does not go to Scotland

My husband and I will be on that cruise, Beach Bum, as well as the one immediately prior. We absolutely love SS, in particular, Whisper and Shadow. You will have a fantastic time! We just disembarked the Shadow yesterday in Auckland NZ and I am dying to jump on board the Whisper!

Annbeth,

Hope we'll meet up on the cruise around the British isles. We are avid SS cruisers, and especially love both the Shadow and the Whisper..our favorites too! We sail on the Spirit in five weeks so we'll be all rested up for our May Whisper sailing. I'll be the one wearing a warm wool sweater in Scotland!

Crusinpashmina (or anyone else...) I posted this on another thread,however there are 2 threads with this Roll Call date and since Crusinpashmina is not actually on this roll call afraid you won't see it on the other thread, so please forgive the double post. Since you have sailed this ship so many times can you please tell me if you feel there is more potential for sea sickness due to it's size? Have you experienced this or noted others having more of an issue with this. I am helping some friends organize this trip and he has a bit of a problem with it at times. Thanks so much for any help you can offer. Oh, and by the way... I'll take the high road and you take the low road and I'll be in Scotland afore ye! :)

cwuer,

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you..I've been out of touch with CC for a while. Just caught up.

There are "magic" pills available at the Reception desk 24hours a day. The best thing to do is to take them before it gets rough. Listen to the Captain's noon time reports which include the weather forecasts. We have taken our adult children on SS several times. Both of our daughters have always had trouble with motion sickness, but with the ship's pills, they have been fine...that's why we call them magic! And I overheard one say to the other: "and you can drink with them too!"

I don't think you should worry. You'll have a great time!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. XXO

My husband and I will be on that cruise, Beach Bum, as well as the one immediately prior. We absolutely love SS, in particular, Whisper and Shadow. You will have a fantastic time! We just disembarked the Shadow yesterday in Auckland NZ and I am dying to jump on board the Whisper!

The cost for a tour with a private company for 2 days would be comparable to SS tours, but offers many advantages in planning and time. Let me know if it is of interest and I'll forward my e mail address. My wife did a lot of research on the subject

cwuer,

Sorry I've taken so long to get back to you..I've been out of touch with CC for a while. Just caught up.

There are "magic" pills available at the Reception desk 24hours a day. The best thing to do is to take them before it gets rough. Listen to the Captain's noon time reports which include the weather forecasts. We have taken our adult children on SS several times. Both of our daughters have always had trouble with motion sickness, but with the ship's pills, they have been fine...that's why we call them magic! And I overheard one say to the other: "and you can drink with them too!"

I don't think you should worry. You'll have a great time!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. XXO

Thanks for the info on the "magic pills!" I also called the cruise line and got a great CSR who has been on this ship and itinerary. He said for this itinerary the ship close to land for most of the cruise and there are only really 2 days when you get into deep, potentially rough seas, and that only if the weather is really bad. I think it will be just fine. Thanks again for your help.

The cost for a tour with a private company for 2 days would be comparable to SS tours, but offers many advantages in planning and time. Let me know if it is of interest and I'll forward my e mail address. My wife did a lot of research on the subject

I would be interested in any info about tours,etc. on this area. My email is shirley545@knology.net.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived