Wine in the MDR question

smachale

I'll be cruising on the Liberty in a few weeks, and since it is my first cruise I have a question...

If I order a bottle of wine in the MDR and I don't finish it, do I get to take it with me? Can I walk out with it or would it magically appear in my cabin later?

I ask because I am the only one in my group that drinks wine, so even though I could, it might not be advisable to drink the whole thing myself at one sitting.. :p I would likely end up being grand entertainment for everyone else...

Thanks for your input ;)

Heck... go ahead and finish it! Your tablemates may need some entertainment LOL.

If not they will have it available the next night. We have taken some from the MDR. Maybe its easier to get forgiveness than permission. We sure did not ask!!;)

Welcome to CC!!

http://www.*****/Carnival/alcohol.html

You can either take it with you, have it delivered to your cabin, or saved in the dining room for the next night.

Link above have full wine menus and prices. Along with information on wine packages to save some money.

I didnt know this. Thanks for the info. I have always left it with the wait staff and they brought it out to me the next night, but then I didnt always want white wine with that meal, so it would have been nice to have it delivered to the room, for a nightcap later!:D

My one suggestion is that if you order wine, do it as early in the meal as possible or you will end up getting it with dessert. Perhaps not always but the wine service can be terribly slow.

As far as what to do with leftovers- what are they? :p

We were on the Triumph in December, and they let us take our leftover wine back to the room. The offered to keep it until the next night.

There was a couple near us that got a free bottle of champagne for their anniversary. They had a glass and didn't want the rest of it, and offered it to us. We took it and left the dining room. On the way down the hall, a very loud "POP" happened, it was the cork flying off the champagne, guess I shook it to much walking down the hall. Scared everyone near us.

We just got off the Sensation on the 26th. We each took our allowed 1 bottle of wine on board the ship in our carry ons. I aksed our room steward for wine glasses, and within a blik of the eye...lol there they were. We took a glass of wine to dinner each night with us. Our room steward kept the white on ice for us. he got a great tip.

We just got off the Sensation on the 26th. We each took our allowed 1 bottle of wine on board the ship in our carry ons. I aksed our room steward for wine glasses, and within a blik of the eye...lol there they were. We took a glass of wine to dinner each night with us. Our room steward kept the white on ice for us. he got a great tip.

ooohhh what a great idea!:D

I didn't really want to pay a corking fee anyway.. thanks everyone for all great info..

52 days til we sail

Archived