Reasonable place to stay in NOLA prior to & after cruise? In July.

golfntob

We are looking to stay the night before our cruise & maybe a night after the cruise to get in some sight seeing with the kids. Never done anything more than drive through town. Any recommendations? Hate to go cold calling.

Thanks!

Tam

I haven't cruised out of NOLA, but have spent some time sightseeing there. Love the Drury Inn and Suites on Poydras St.

Within reasonable walking distance of the French Quarter and river, but very reasonably priced. Great full breakfast, and drinks (including alcoholic drinks) and a light supper each evening (hot dogs, salad, baked potatoes, nachos, that kind of thing), all complimentary.

We are looking to stay the night before our cruise & maybe a night after the cruise to get in some sight seeing with the kids. Never done anything more than drive through town. Any recommendations? Hate to go cold calling.

Thanks!

Tam

Check this board...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

I do agree with the Drury stayed there.. but it is not really near.. but it is walking distance...

We went on the Elation out of NO in Jan of this year. We stayed at Quality Inn & Suites, 210 Okeefe St, near the French Quarter. It was great and very reasonable. We walked every where. The The Quality Inn employees were the friendliest people I have ever encountered. Great breakfast. I rated them on Trip Advisor.

From sailing the Conquest out of NOLA last week. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Superdome with secure parking for the week for $170. They have recently remodeled and the rooms and overall decor are super nice, very modern. The rooftop pool is also nice. The restaurant was actually pretty good too if you don't want to venture out. If you do want to they have a free shuttle. They also take you to, and pick you up from the port. I would certainly stay there again.

I haven't cruised out of NOLA, but have spent some time sightseeing there. Love the Drury Inn and Suites on Poydras St.

Within reasonable walking distance of the French Quarter and river, but very reasonably priced. Great full breakfast, and drinks (including alcoholic drinks) and a light supper each evening (hot dogs, salad, baked potatoes, nachos, that kind of thing), all complimentary.

2nd vote for the Drury Inn, I believe they will let you park for free there too during the cruise but you might want to double-check that.

In Dec we stayed at the LaQuinta on Camp St. Very reasonable (our room was $116 the week of Christmas) and walking distance to everything. We walked to Bourban St and down to the waterfront area. They have free breakfast but parking is like $24 a night. No cruise & park. This was our 2nd time to stay here and we would again!

Archived