Montego Bay-Best Beach for kids?

stonecruisers

Will be going to MoBay in May on Conquest. Which is better beach-Doctors Cave or Walter Fletcher (Aquasol?) We will have our son, but he is too little to enjoy water toys-just looking for the best, nicest, calmest water beach?

Thanks in advance.

T. Stone

You should look into Sunset Beach Resort. There is a lot of info poste on the boards about it. We were there 2 wks. ago. A group of 20 ages 3-70. It's only a $2 per person cab ride and it's only $20 per and $10 per child to use the facility. The beach is calm with nice shells. It is all you can eat and drink. There are several pools and I believe one is a children's pool. All that for twenty bucks! I heard some people talking on the way back to the ship. They went to Doctor's Cave and had to pay admission, use of the chairs and a lot of money for each drink. It is all included at Sunset Bay. I would strongly recommend going there for a great time.

Yes, some of the people in our group went to Sunset Beach as they just wanted to be on a beach all day, and they said it was wonderful! It's not thru Carnival so you won't read about it on the ship. You don't make reservations in advance - you just hail a cab at the pier to take you to Sunset Beach when you arrive in port.

Go to the Jamaica port of call board and you'll be able to find LOTS of information on SUnset Beach. I haven't heard anything bad about the place from any of the cruisers who have posted - oh except some didn't like the food. Food is something everyone can't agree on - so I'm sure you will find something you like.

Archived