Shipping luggage home from the ship?

Martita B.

I enjoyed using Seabourn's Valet Service (Anita Mann) for several years ~I'm planning on sending my luggage home from the Spirit (Malaga) in April ~any advice? I'm going to call Luggage Forward and inquire as to cost.

Jane P ~perhaps you can advise......question.....do we simply leave the luggage in our Suite as we did by using Anita Mann?

Thanks!

Martita B.

I have nothing but good things to say about LuggageForward. Luggage is not left in the suite, but picked up pier side and there is a person there to collect it. Or, there is a large bin where the porter can place it. No problems at all. It's pricey, but in my case, well worth the expense. Hope this helps!

Jane,

More expensive than Seabourn Valet Service ~~and many more questions I had to answer. Guess I am just use to Anita looking at my Seabourn files.

I did book my luggage to be sent from the Spirit in Malaga ~ YES, it's expensive, but more affordable than back surgery! :eek:

Martita B.

LOL! And after answering all the questions and sending them your 'generic' contents list, it will be easier the next time. I think we were lucky to have Anita, but remember that with LF there is a discount for the next time you book. There is a small coupon that is good for a period of time (?3 months?) however, I reasoned with them that I don't usually cruise/travel every three months and they gave me the discount. Every little bit helps.

Not sure what you mean, who charged you more? I have a friend who was on the Sojourn TA with me and she wanted to make arrangements through the ship for LF to send some things home. She got a real run-around and the price was very inflated. So my recommendation would be to be sure to have pre-arranged pick-ups.

The lady agent I talked to quoted me the cost for sending one 50 pd. bag home from the ship to my home. When I received the confirmation, etc. by e-mail the rate written was $90 higher ~

What should I do? The rate she quoted me was MUCH more than Seabourn Valet Service ever charged me......

MB

I wasn't aware that Seabourn had discontinued this service. I shipped luggage several times and found Anita to be exceptionally helpful and competent. I'm not familiar with Luggage Forward and would appreciate some additional information.

I've decided to cancel my booking with Luggage Forward ~after receiving my documents they were going to charge me $510 to ship one piece of luggage from Malaga (from the Spirit) to Texas. I feel this is too expensive ~I'll check on other shipping services ~as I always depended on Anita, guess I'll do some "googling."

MB

I just received an e-mail from the Luggage Forward agent ~she wrote, "I forgot to mention the "Malaga port fee" of $165.00 was added to your rate." That's a tad steep for 1 piece of luggage!

She did offer me a 10% discount ~

Not sure just what I'll do ~~:confused:

MB

I wasn't aware that Seabourn had discontinued this service. I shipped luggage several times and found Anita to be exceptionally helpful and competent. I'm not familiar with Luggage Forward and would appreciate some additional information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1412218&highlight=luggage+forward

A wonderful lady took over from Anita called Jennifer Waggoner and she has been most

helpful. Yes the price has risen drastically. Tonight I received my quote for the next

cruise $1272 for one suitcase return. I have used them four times during the last 12 months but I have never heard of a discount. I will have to make enquiries.

Are you talking about someone with LF or HAL? For whom does Jennifer Wagner work?

$1272 for one suitcase to return from where? The moon? That's outrageous.

The discount is on a coupon, part of the receipt for the return shipping.

My last trip on HAL they offered a deal where for a reasonable ( sorry, don't remember) fee. They took the bags from the docks and delivered to the airport and airline and got luggage tags. My bags were at the baggage claim at home. I wonder if Seabourd is offering that service.

Bob

My last trip on HAL they offered a deal where for a reasonable ( sorry, don't remember) fee. They took the bags from the docks and delivered to the airport and airline and got luggage tags. My bags were at the baggage claim at home. I wonder if Seabourd is offering that service.

Bob

That's interesting. I, however, do not want to see my bag until it's at my front door.

I agree that makes sense, but as I travel alone and now need wheelchair assist, it's not as convenient. And my experience has been that a car service from the airport, will not take my luggage in with me and up to my 6th floor aerie.

We met a lovey couple Theresa and Stephen Dix on the Quest crossing who own a baggage service busienss from the UK.

Their compay is called thebaggageman.com.

I am not sure how vast their business is in the US but they were such great people they may be a good resource.

Kathy

I have booked with Luggage Forward and it was Anita who recommended Jennifer who

I assume works for Seabourn. I do not have any contact with HAL ever. My case is being picked up from home which is the UK Channel Islands and sent to the Pride

in Singapore and return from Dubai. Yes it has got to be very expensive but I feel I

can depend on seeing my case again once it leaves home.

I used Seabourn's service on our cruise ( I believe you were onboard, cruise when Holland lost world cup? ) and they shipped our luggage flawlessly. Within a few days a member of the household informed us that it had arrived at our doorstep. We were heading to Russia the next day, and had spent 3 weeks in Turkey prior, so found the ability to spend a lot of unneeded things back to be of great use.

Archived