Post cruise shore excursions (dumb ?)

I just realized that RC offers tours in Miami on day of disembarkation. (Which sounds really appealing to someone with a 530 pm flight, lol)

Has anyone ever done the Everglades Safari one? (has to be better than sitting in MIA all day w/ 2 kids??)

I'm assuming that they do something with your luggage for you? Either transport it to the airport or it goes on the bus with you or something?

And DH wants to know if they let you off the ship sooner if you "have" to make your shore excursion :)

Thanks!

Michelle

0"%20alt="Daisypath%20Ticker"%20border="0"%20

We just got back from a cruise and did the Everglades post tour in Miami. It was Great! I highly recommend it (It does beat sitting in an airport). Your luggage travels with you on the bus and they do drop you off at the airport which is nice. The best part of it is you ARE one of the first off the ship.

We did the Everglades tour as well. It was pretty fun, saw quite a few alligators and many wildlife. Make sure to take bug spray and some money if you want lunch or souvenirs. If you are feeling adventurous, they sell Alligator Sausage at the office.

Off the Majesty, we did the Everglades tour due to a later flight out. We were one of the first off the ship, had a WONDERFUL fun tour, and everything was all taken care of (didn't have to worry about toting luggage around.) To this day, that sidetrip remains my favorite! Our guide was AWESOME.

I just tried to book the post disembarkation tour of the everglades. We already had transfers booked, but it says right in docs that they may be upgraded/credited to a end of cruise tour.

I couldnt' figure out how to do it online, so I called RC. The gal said I coudlnt' do it. I'm like it says right in your docs you can! I read it right to her- “unused transfers are non refundable, but can be upgraded to a shore excursion departure tour.”

Puts me back on hold, OH, that is only for "select" excursions and only if you book on the ship. WTH? It does NOT say that, just says it can be upgraded. wouldn't you assume that means the tours they have listed online?

So what do I do now? Are the ones on the ship going to be the same (which I'd assume, but not how she was talking) or full (which woudl REALLY tick me off) or do they just plain ol' not want my extra money to do the tour instead? I'm glad I hadn't already told the kids, but darn, I was looking forward to it and now it all seems iffy!

~Michelle

Archived