Packing for Flordia and then a Eastern Caribbean Cruise

livingskies78

Hopefully, you'll be able to do laundry in Orlando before you get to the ship....that would be the easiest thing....you would only need to pack for one week...then wash and repeat!

On the ship, days will be spent in shorts/tees....very casual....even swimwear. In the dining room, long pants for dinner...they can be reworn unless they get really dirty!

It's so easy to overpack with kids. I always try not to. I have done this the last 2 cruises and it works well for me.

I take a big baggie per day. I put 1 pair of shorts, 1 tshirt, 1 underwear, 1 pair of socks, 1 dressy outfit for the evening (pants and golf short)

Repeat x 7

Then I pack an 8th bag with extra 2 extra shorts, 2 extra tshirts, 2 extra underwears, 2 extra socks, 1 extra golf shirt and 1 extra pants

ITA with the suggestion to do laundry before boarding the ship. We did this on our trip in January and it worked beautifully. Clothing for Disney will be similar to that needed for port days, my boys live in their bathing suits on sea days which limits the amount of clothing needed.

As for supper-time attire, I pack 2 pairs of pants (dark colours), and one shirt for every two nights of the cruise. They only wear the shirts and pants for a few hours, so they can be re-worn easily. I pack a fleece jacket for travel on aircraft, which double well for cool nights on the ship.

Enjoy your trip, it sounds fantastic!

What to bring also depends on the age of your kids.

We did Disney last year (end of february into the beginning of march). Weather was really nice but in the early am definitely needed a sweatshirt or light jacket and in the pm if you want to stay at the park late you'll want long pants and long sleeves for the kids. We brought one lightweight waterproof windbreaker for our DS and a pair of sweatpants every day with us. Also, we brought a change of clothes for him too because he was 2 and things happen (ie, one morning just as we were approaching the Magic Kingdom on the monorail, he managed to unscrew his water bottle and he was completely soaked!) If you are staying on-sight, all the hotels should have laundry facilities and if you are staying off-site then you likely will have a car and can find a laundrymat. I would bring enough clothes to get you through the week at disney and do laundry the day/night before your cruise. Most of the clothes can simply be reworn for the cruise. The only additional clothes you will need for the cruise will be nicer dinner clothes (the majority of the restaurants at disney are very casual and know that you are spending the day at the park so anything really goes).

Make sure everyone who is walking brings good sneakers. Our son was in his stroller for the most part (besides waiting in lines and going on rides) so he was fine in his crocs but we still had achy tired feet at the end of each day and we wore good running shoes.

Archived