Pros of being on a higher level?

cwhip77

We booked an interior stateroom for our honeymoon cruise (would have liked a balcony but just couldn't afford it) - this is our first time cruising. Carnival had a previous deal where I would receive a two category upgrade but I had to choose a stateroom that was $100 more for the two of us. On our limited budget we were reluctant to pay that much more so we stuck with a general guaranteed inside cabin.

I understand a category upgrade basically puts us a few levels up on the ship, but we're still inside. What's the benefit if any of being on a higher level if you're inside? Just wondering if I should consider paying a little more to get the upgrade or not? Thanks for any advice!

100.00 to move up to a higher leval--- I would us ethe money elsewhere. THere is not a place you can get to on the ship by elevator/stairs/walking. Lower feels less movement. is more quieter. SInce its your first cruise stay where you are and take the gauarantee. You may luck out and get an oceanview cabin on the Riveria deck anyway. Make sure the agent knows that its your honeymoon.

ps-take an alarm clock. inside cabins are very dark (makes for taking naps in the afternon grand) 24 hours day and you could find yourself sleeping around the clock.

Archived