Train Schedule in Germany Question

Is the following below doable?

Train from Warnemuende to Schwerin castle, stopping in Wismar, Rostock on way back to Warnemuende.

Going with the thought that you start at furthest stop and work your way back. I have never done anything like this before by train.

I checked out site below, and found each stop.

Questions:do you have to preselected the exact times, or can you take an earlier or later train?

Also, let's say on way back you wanted to skip a stay at one of the stops, can you do that?

Is the following below doable?

Train from Warnemuende to Schwerin castle, stopping in Wismar, Rostock on way back to Warnemuende.

Going with the thought that you start at furthest stop and work your way back. I have never done anything like this before by train.

I checked out site below, and found each stop.

Questions:do you have to preselected the exact times, or can you take an earlier or later train?

Also, let's say on way back you wanted to skip a stay at one of the stops, can you do that?

Hi, I suppose it is do-able but you would not have very much time in each place when you add travel times. eg. Warnemuende to Rostock 25mins, Rostock - Schwerin 1 hour, Schwerin - Wismar 30mins, Wismar - Rostock 1hour, Rostock - Warnemuende 25 mins. Approx 3.5 hours travel time plus time changing trains and taking into consideration that the timetables do not mesh very well.

If you look at my post of 23rd January on the thread 'Live in Rostock/Warnemuende - happy to help you enjoy' you will find the timetable for Warnemuende - Schwerin. This thread also contains all the information I have written on this subject (timetables, tickets etc)over the past two years.

A Mecklenburger Lander ticket ( see thread as above for details) allows you to travel all day without preselecting destinations or times.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

Not sure which site you consulted, it did not appear, but be careful as the times and prices were changed just last week and have not reached even the DB sites in English as yet.

Archived