Looking for last minute prices

cage keeper

Looking for info on booking a last minute cruise. I know they drop way down just before sail date. Does anyone know when and how this happens? I am looking at a cruise that is 6 weeks out and has over 100 cabins still available. Had to cancel our Celebrity cruise and really want to try Carnival. Heard everything from one to two weeks to two days.

Thanks,

Joni

Looking for info on booking a last minute cruise. I know they drop way down just before sail date. Does anyone know when and how this happens? I am looking at a cruise that is 6 weeks out and has over 100 cabins still available. Had to cancel our Celebrity cruise and really want to try Carnival. Heard everything from one to two weeks to two days.

Thanks,

Joni

"Pack and Go" rates maybe what you are looking for. Be aware they are only for Phantom categories. (category guarantee cabins)

Call Carnival or your TA and check for that.

"Pack and Go" rates maybe what you are looking for. Be aware they are only for Phantom categories. (category guarantee cabins)

Call Carnival or your TA and check for that.

I'd be happy in the janitors closet. LOL Are these deals available now, 6 weeks out or closer to sail date?

Joni

Look for the "Pack N Go" tab on this page https://www.goccl.com/specials/default.aspx

The list is renewed every Wednesday, with pricing available through Friday. Prices don't "drop way down" very often, though.

Good Luck

Thank you for the link. It wasn't on there. What I wanted to know was if anyone had luck with the last minute calls. A couple of years ago we met a couple at the port in NY who lived across from the port. They always booked last minute and always got super low rates. That cruise was a HAL 10 night and they got under 200 each.

Joni

Thank you for the link. It wasn't on there. What I wanted to know was if anyone had luck with the last minute calls. A couple of years ago we met a couple at the port in NY who lived across from the port. They always booked last minute and always got super low rates. That cruise was a HAL 10 night and they got under 200 each.

Joni

Holy crap!! 200 each?? Man I can't wait to retire to Florida!!! No Carnival doesn't do that much anymore. I know pack and go rates were up for the 2-26-12 cruise on the Spirit. So maybe 2-3 weeks out. I would just check that link for the pack and go rates every Wednesday.

Sorry you had to cancel your cruise. Hopefully you will find one!:p

This post may get deleted by the mods as I've not been here in a while and I forgot what the TOS are...but....

There are always last minute deals to be found at *************.com I've never used them, but I did have a buddy sail the Holiday a few years back out of Mobile and he booked thru that site. He got a great deal...so if you're open to dates and ports, then it may be a good place to start looking.

Holy crap!! 200 each?? Man I can't wait to retire to Florida!!! No Carnival doesn't do that much anymore. I know pack and go rates were up for the 2-26-12 cruise on the Spirit. So maybe 2-3 weeks out. I would just check that link for the pack and go rates every Wednesday.

Sorry you had to cancel your cruise. Hopefully you will find one!:p

I'm with you on that one. Florida is where you get the really cheap ones. We are doing the keys this summer with our camper. Maybe we will find something then. I will keep checking the pack and go.

Thanks again for this info.

Joni

I have booked as late as 24 hours before sailing. Did get a slightly lower rate but not a huge rate reduction. I have seen some pack and go rates for less than 50% of the going rate. But you must be quick, sometimes the rate is only up for a few hours.

We booked the Magic on Monday 1/16 for the sailing on Sunday 1/22. Got an interior 4F for $1023 total. Checked prices again on Thursday 1/19 and could have got the same room for $850 total.:( Have been checking prices this week and cant find anything even close to those prices. Last minute deals are not always available for every sailing. As for the $200pp on HAL, did you see the invoice?? If you have (or can find) a good TA the search for last minute deals can be much easier.

I'm with you on that one. Florida is where you get the really cheap ones. We are doing the keys this summer with our camper. Maybe we will find something then. I will keep checking the pack and go.

Thanks again for this info.

Joni

You are welcome. Keep us posted. I keep checking my prices for the 3-25-12 Spirit as they have been way up and way down. At one time 300 more per person. Now just 70 more per person for an 8A and I booked 7A (they are sold out). So just waiting!! You just never know. 2 hours ago, the prices were 100 more per person. Gotta keep on top of it!!:D

Archived