Which RCI Ships on Google Maps Port Everglades?

jebuell

I don't see a Flowrider on the smaller ship, so it can't be a Freedom class.

Oh you're right. So that has to be a Voyager class then, right?

ETA: Nevermind, it doesn't have the side by side pools, either. So... Jewel?

Not Liberty of the Seas..she had never even docked in Port Everglades until Nov 2011 when she returned from her transatlantic and has never docked at this berth since then.

Not even sure it is a RCI ship. Looks like a Celebrity ship to me. Looks like this ship to me

4899730642_9cc14be3e8.jpg

Not Liberty of the Seas..she had never even docked in Port Everglades until Nov 2011 when she returned from her transatlantic and has never docked at this berth since then.

Not even sure it is a RCI ship. Looks like a Celebrity ship to me. Looks like this ship to me

4899730642_9cc14be3e8.jpg

Ah! You're right, I see the "X" now. Thanks!

Ah! You're right, I see the "X" now. Thanks!

You are welcome:)..after watching the Port Everglades webcam for a long time you get used to which ships dock at which piers. That helped to figure it out. :) :)

When you look on Google Maps at Port Everglades which ship is nose to nose with Oasis/Allure? I just told someone it was Liberty but I'm not sure.

It's the Celebrity Infinity. The photo was taken March 27, 2011. These ships were in port that day:

Allure Of The Seas

Carnival Miracle

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Infinity

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ruby Princess

Celebrity Infinity was docked at terminal 19 adjacent to Allure at terminal 18.

It's the Celebrity Infinity. The photo was taken March 27, 2011. These ships were in port that day:

Allure Of The Seas

Carnival Miracle

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Infinity

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ruby Princess

Celebrity Infinity was docked at terminal 19 adjacent to Allure at terminal 18.

Hey I did a pretty good job figuring out which ships were which! I got the Miracle figured out right away and Allure (though I wasn't sure if it was Allure or Oasis. Also the Ruby and Amsterdam I recognized, too. It was the X ships that were throwing me off.

Btw, how could you tell what date it was taken?? I was trying to figure it out and all I found was the copyright on the bottom that said 2012.

Hey I did a pretty good job figuring out which ships were which! I got the Miracle figured out right away and Allure (though I wasn't sure if it was Allure or Oasis. Also the Ruby and Amsterdam I recognized, too. It was the X ships that were throwing me off.

Btw, how could you tell what date it was taken?? I was trying to figure it out and all I found was the copyright on the bottom that said 2012.

Hi, jebuell.

If you have Google Earth installed, you can see the same image in that application. Google Earth lists the "Imagery date" in the lower left corner.

Actually, Google Earth lists the date of their Port Everglades image as 3/26/2011, but they also indicate that the dates shown in Google Earth are approximate.

The ships shown in the Port Everglades image don't match up as well with the ships that were in port on March 26 as they do with the ships in port on March 27. These ships were docked in Port Everglades on March 26, 2011:

Carnival Freedom

Celebrity Constellation

Crown Princess

Eurodam

Oasis Of The Seas

Navigator Of The Seas

I don't see any ship in the Google image that resembles Navigator of the Seas, the Carnival ship is a much better match to Carnival Miracle than Carnival Freedom, and there is a ship in the image that closely resembles Celebrity Solstice.

Therefore, my conclusion is that the date for the Google image of Port Everglades is actually March 27, 2011 and these are the ships in the image:

Allure Of The Seas

Carnival Miracle

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Infinity

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ruby Princess

A very long-winded answer to a simple question!

Regards,

John.

Hi, jebuell.

If you have Google Earth installed, you can see the same image in that application. Google Earth lists the "Imagery date" in the lower left corner.

Actually, Google Earth lists the date of their Port Everglades image as 3/26/2011, but they also indicate that the dates shown in Google Earth are approximate.

The ships shown in the Port Everglades image don't match up as well with the ships that were in port on March 26 as they do with the ships in port on March 27. These ships were docked in Port Everglades on March 26, 2011:

Carnival Freedom

Celebrity Constellation

Crown Princess

Eurodam

Oasis Of The Seas

Navigator Of The Seas

I don't see any ship in the Google image that resembles Navigator of the Seas, the Carnival ship is a much better match to Carnival Miracle than Carnival Freedom, and there is a ship in the image that closely resembles Celebrity Solstice.

Therefore, my conclusion is that the date for the Google image of Port Everglades is actually March 27, 2011 and these are the ships in the image:

Allure Of The Seas

Carnival Miracle

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Infinity

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ruby Princess

A very long-winded answer to a simple question!

Regards,

John.

Your identification appears to be spot on -- but thought I would mention my "imagery date" is 3/27/2011.

Your identification appears to be spot on -- but thought I would mention my "imagery date" is 3/27/2011.

Thanks, mjldvlks, for the confirmation that the Port Everglades image on Google Earth was indeed taken on 3/27/2011. Now I'm puzzled why Google Earth shows the Imagery Date as 3/26/2011 for me. But that's a topic for a different forum.

Regards,

John.

Archived