Damage on the QE2

robertkarenuk

Tins of paint were indeed thrown around in the Grand Lounge. One of the offfenders was caught by virtue of having paint on the soles of his shoes. BTW they are building a new $500k stage similar to the QM2 right now.

I'm aboard QE2 right now. The tapestry in question hung in the E stairwell on boat deck. It's just a large empty space now.

I spoke with one of the officers who had the pleasure of frog marching one of the vandals off the ship while the crewer was struggling to get his luggage off as well. The officer was afraid it would be treated lightly in the British courts. Perhaps they should have been subjected to ship's law instead (let the crew have a go at them).

Nothing has been said on-board about it, except among passenger who know. No other damage is vesisble, though the Grand Lounge has been out of commission due to the construction.

-Julia

I' though the Grand Lounge has been out of commission due to the construction.

-Julia

Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know how long this will take ? I''l be onboard on Friday, and was looking forward to see this lounge...

Tnx

Johan

I'm aboard QE2 right now. The tapestry in question hung in the E stairwell on boat deck. It's just a large empty space now.

I spoke with one of the officers who had the pleasure of frog marching one of the vandals off the ship while the crewer was struggling to get his luggage off as well. The officer was afraid it would be treated lightly in the British courts. Perhaps they should have been subjected to ship's law instead (let the crew have a go at them).

Nothing has been said on-board about it, except among passenger who know. No other damage is vesisble, though the Grand Lounge has been out of commission due to the construction.

-Julia

Thanks for the update, Julia. Is Ian McNaught your Captain? He must be livid. Where are you now, by the way?

We´re in Vigo Spain right now, it´s 70F and sunny. We´ll be in Southampton Saturday.

The current Captain is Nick Bates. Former Master of the Caronia. He´s a hoot, you´ll love him if you get a chance to meet him.

-Julia

We´re in Vigo Spain right now, it´s 70F and sunny. We´ll be in Southampton Saturday.

The current Captain is Nick Bates. Former Master of the Caronia. He´s a hoot, you´ll love him if you get a chance to meet him.

-Julia

Julia,

Thanks for getting back to me (us)and for the information. It sounds like QE@ has 2 good Captains. Ian's a great guy also. Have a wonderful vacation!

Richard

Archived