Hospitality Center

longislandlady

I'll be cruising on the Sapphire and will be arriving in Whittier Alaska on May 26th. I have heard that if you take the Princess transfer to Anchorage they will take you to the Airport or the hospitality center where they will hold your luggage. Could someone please tell me where the hospitality center is located? Thanks for you help.

Hi

This is the Convention Centre, in downtown Anchorage.

Very close to shops and restaurants. Works very efficiently - baggage is stored there safely until time for transfer to airport.

The centre has a tv, restrooms and a drinks/snacks machine.

I think Princess does this very well indeed. Very easy and straightforward.

Hope this helps. :)

I just looked it up and there seems to be 2 Convention Centers in Anchorage. The Egan Center on 5th Ave. and the Dena'ina Center on 7th ave. The reason for my interest is that we are staying two nights at the Anchorage Grand and wanted to know how far the hospitality center would be from the hotel. Thanks again for your help.

Hi

I did the Princess Voyage of the Glaciers cruise. 7 nights, Vancouver to Whittier. had an absolutely fantastic time!

The scenery is just stunning. I was so lucky with the weather too - went late May, and warm and sunny! Packed hats and gloves for glacier bay and needed sunglasses and sunblock!

This was my first cruise - and now I'm hooked!

Book it - I'm sure you will enjoy yourself :)

I just looked it up and there seems to be 2 Convention Centers in Anchorage. The Egan Center on 5th Ave. and the Dena'ina Center on 7th ave. The reason for my interest is that we are staying two nights at the Anchorage Grand and wanted to know how far the hospitality center would be from the hotel. Thanks again for your help.

It's the Egan Centre.

We're booked on the same cruise on the Sapphire Princess May 19 - May 26. It's our first cruise to Alaska also. I hope our weather is as good as yours seemed to be. I'm preparing to bring clothes for rain and cold because nothing is going to stop me from seeing the sights. Can you recommend any tours? We're thinking of taking either the 26 Glacier or Major Marine cruise out of Whittier. Not sure if we'll do it upon our arrival in Whittier or the next day. Thanks again and any info you might want to share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your quick reply. It certainly does help. Sounds like you've been there before. I have one other question. Have you ever taken a glacier cruise out of Whittier? Do you recommend it?

We loved the glacier cruise out of Whittier. We were on a smaller boat that was able to get really close to the glaciers. Awesome views, and when they calved... wow

If you have the opportunity, go for it!!!

Archived