Seattle to Vancouver, bus or train?

Tinkrbell

We are traveling to Seattle in May for our Rhapsody cruise. The cruise leaves from Vancouver and returns to Seattle. We will be arriving early afternoon. There is a 5pm bus or a 7pm train to Vancouver.

Does anyone know about the luggage situation on the bus, is it stored beneath the bus or does it need to all be carried on?

The train arrives in Vancouver quite late around 11pm, where does the rail drop you off in Vancouver, do you need to take another train to get to the downtown area? I don't know where we will be staying yet, hopefully somewhere close to the cruise terminal.

Thanks.

The Vancouver train station is Pacific Central Station on the eastern edge of downtown. It is not all that far from Canada Place pier, a mile or two, but it is not really walkable (not impossible, but requires some enthusiasm and there are some bad areas near the station). The Skytrain rapid transit Main Street/Science World station is across a little park from Pacific Central Station, and it is about a 7 minute ride to Waterfront Station which is right by Canada Place, but at that time of night with luggage I'd grab a taxi if I were you. It is a short cab ride to almost any of the downtown ("West End") Vancouver hotels. There will be cabs available out front of the station.

Archived