Natural Bridge?

PyeDog

I believe that what you're talking about is El Mirador, a beautiful rock formation that is like and arch or bridge. It is toward the very southern tip of the island. What I don't remember is whether it's on the SW or SE side of the island. No matter. Rent a car. Drive south from downtown along the western coast. THere are some great spots to stop and snorkel or hit a beach. You'll know it when you see it.

Here's a link to a picture that I took:

rockformationandwater.jpg

Sorry. It's not the best shot of it.

El Mirador is on the east side about 4km from Punta Sur so it is at the southern end. About the snorkeling on the east side....please don´t. The water looks very inviting but what you don´t see are the horrible currents and undertows. Deaths occur every year on the east side. There is only one area with a lifeguard and he isn´t there often. I have been snorkeling over there - not good at all. Way too much wave action, current and not much to see. But...when it comes to just layng on the beaches...it is primo!

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting anyone snorkel on the eastside. As Solita said, it is very, very dangerous! I was saying that if you're driving south on the westside there are places such as Dzul Ha, Playa Corona, and Chankanaab where a person could stop and snorkel or hang out on the beach.

As I said, I couldn't remember if El Mirador was on the east or west side but knew it was at the very southern end. It is a great place to stop for pictures.

You are so funny! I still haven´t seen those pics you took Zy.

I sent a link to Tom. Have been awaiting your permission to publish....

I could put the link here, but then everyone would know...

Or you could send an email to zydecocruiser@aol.com, but how would I know it is from you?

Oh bother...

Ok, I also just sent info to Sally so you can bug her, too!

Archived