Quiet ports of the Caribbean unlikely to stay that way

I have been to both Belize and Progresso, and they are beautiful untouched places to visit. I dread the thought of them growing into tourist traps like St. Thomas has become.

I concur, We fell in love with Roatan, from a cruise 2 years ago, and will be returning for a landbased vaca, next spring. our first landbased spring vaca in 6 years, otherwise we have been cruisin' That has to say something for the untouched isle's :)

At the past Carnival cruisers get-together on the Glory last week, John Heald mentioned that Carnival is looking at different itineraries (thank you!) which will include islands such as Turks and Caicos. No mention of other islands but am hopeful there will be some good choices.

I have been to both Belize and Progresso, and they are beautiful untouched places to visit. I dread the thought of them growing into tourist traps like St. Thomas has become.

Same here. And I would add La Romana/Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic to that list. They are real places - not places built to appeal to Americans who want everything to look the same. No Diamonds International store in any of them.

At the past Carnival cruisers get-together on the Glory last week, John Heald mentioned that Carnival is looking at different itineraries (thank you!) which will include islands such as Turks and Caicos. No mention of other islands but am hopeful there will be some good choices.

Carnival is building a dock in the Turks and Caicos islands at this time. The new Crown Princess will be using this later in the year as a stop. This will be a nice change from Nassau on the seven day runs. Maybe they will even drop the evening call at San Juan and pick up the T&C islands.

I would like to see Carnival go to 4 ports for the eastern caribbean. We chose the Glory western itinerary just because it has 4 ports. We loved it!

We made the exact same decision. We sailed Paradise twice to Eastern and last trip picked Glory because of the added port and one less sea day.

I actually stayed a week on Margarita Island, Venezuela and i liked it because it does not have Hard Rock Cafe etc. I think it is nice to have an itinerary that includes more exotic stops and would love to see them stay that way. But that is so contrary. How could that be?? Pregreso's charm will probably become another Cozumel within the next 10 to 15 years because of the cruise and vacation dollars. How can we have our cake and eat it too?

Joan

Sail on..............

Archived