Mariner Of The Seas Review ( 4-10-2005)

So glad you had a good time, and congrats on your wedding. My DW and I actually were married on the Grand Princess, so I guess you can say cruising is a big part of us :D . We leave for the Mariner in 10 days and can't wait! If we have half as good a time as you two seemed to, we're in for a blast!!!

Thanks again!!!

Congrats, skyking!

We were on Mariner four weeks ago, we loved it! 1200+ kids, ours included! Probably not as many on your sailing. It looks like RCI has switched captains, who was your captain?

Also, what were the sea conditions like the last day and night as you were sailing to Port Canaveral, what with all that happened with the Norwegian Dawn?

Goalie- Actually Captain Olsen was still onboard, but was feeling sick that night and sent his second in command to dinner.

Eliz- The limo company is great and very easy to deal with....Tell Liz I said HI:)

Tim

HI SkyKing! I am back on the Mariner #4 this weekend and can't wait! I already asd Radio but did you miss Capt. Johnny? I am gonna try really hard not to miss him!

Going to look at your pictures! Will you write a review too??

Kruz- I did miss Captain Johhny and I still say that the Mariner is his ship:) I dont think I am going to wright a review due to Radio's extensie day by day review:) SOOOOO WHAT he said:) hehe

OH OH OH I do have one thing to add....We did not leave two ladies in GC, they actually made it onboard at the last min....We watched the whole thing from our balcony.

Tim

A question regarding ship's time in Grand Cayman. I have e-mailed RCI but they have not responded. Did the ship stay on EDT or change to local time? I have an independent excursion booked that will need to be changed depending on the answer.

Thanks in advance.

My fiance and I are also going on Mariner for our honeymoon (2nd wedding for both). We are doing the 8/14/05 cruise. Getting married on the beach at the Swan in Disney World. 30 family members are joining us on the cruise. We splurged and got the Royal Suite. Tim, your pix get me really psyched! Congrats to you and your lovely wife.

Mark & Janet

Congrads on your marriage, and glad you had a wonderful cruise. I too have been reading Radio's post and pics. Can't wait to see yours hurry!!! hurry!!!

This is my first RCI cruise and we picked the Mariner, from all the reviews I read here at cruise critics and I can't wait to "Get out There"

What deck and type cabin did you have. We will be in one of those hump cabins deck 8.

Also did you do any spa treatments?

Thanks,

Marcy:)

Marcyjane- I am glad to see that you will be cruising on the Mariner, you are sure to love her. We had a JS cabin on deck 9 cabin 9608. I loved this cabin and it's location to all the stuff:) Made getting a diet coke refill easy for me:) We did not do any spa treatments, althought I told myself I would, but we got all that stuff done before the wedding and could not bare to spend the extra money. Have a wonderful time:)

Tim

Archived