Carnival Conquest ship tour

Tigerfan79

I just got back from my ship tour of the Conquest in New Orleans where I'm getting married on May 13. They showed me 4 rooms, the Degas Lounge, Alfred's Bar, the Gallery, and Henri's Dance Club. I'm more confused than before I went on the tour. I originally though that the ceremony and reception were held in 2 different rooms and that I could not request my rooms. Our representative who will actually be our coordinator for our wedding and has worked for Carnival for 3 years told us that the ceremony and reception are normally held in the same room. Also we should call Carnival as soon as possible to request our room. I fell in love with Alfred's Bar and really want this room. Anybody else have any experience with Carnival weddings room requests and ceremony vs reception rooms?

I just got back from my ship tour of the Conquest in New Orleans where I'm getting married on May 13. They showed me 4 rooms, the Degas Lounge, Alfred's Bar, the Gallery, and Henri's Dance Club. I'm more confused than before I went on the tour. I originally though that the ceremony and reception were held in 2 different rooms and that I could not request my rooms. Our representative who will actually be our coordinator for our wedding and has worked for Carnival for 3 years told us that the ceremony and reception are normally held in the same room. Also we should call Carnival as soon as possible to request our room. I fell in love with Alfred's Bar and really want this room. Anybody else have any experience with Carnival weddings room requests and ceremony vs reception rooms?

You also have a dedicated wedding department person for your wedding. That you should be in contact with about the details of your wedding, up until the day. Our tour host, explained that this person would put all our requests in a file. about 3 weeks before the wedding that file is sent to the ship and the ship coordinator takes over and implements the things in the file.

Now, I have emails from my wedding department person, specifically saying that I can have my event in two locations. My tour host, also said the same.

So I'm not sure if this is a ship by ship decision or not.

Nona

Thanks Nona. I emailed them yesterday and didn't get a response yet. I have had a difficult time figuring out who does what and who my coordinator really is. I'm so glad I am a research on my own girl cause half of the stuff I found out I would have never been told. Maybe I'll get some answers when they email me back.

Hi Tigerfan,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I am getting married on the Conquest April 22.

I am still waiting on a confirmation on when I can go tour the ship. I'm not sure she even submitted the request. I can't seem to get a response from the wedding department.

Anyway, how was your tour? Did you take pictures? Would you be willing to share them?

Any insight would be great!

Sarah

sarahteal0 @ gmail. com

Hey Sarah

I got the same response and had to get my date pushed through the supervisor cause my wedding coordinator and I always play phone tag. The tour was amazing to see it in person. And the staff is extremely friendly. My mom took all the pics and she went on on the cruise so when she gets back on Sunday I'll email you everything. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Hi tigerfan, my name is Jill and I am one of the coordinators for the Port of New Orleans.

We use the Gallery for all ceremonies. The receptions are held in the other rooms that you were shown.

Now if there are 2 weddings scheduled at the same time then we will use one of the rooms for the

ceremony and hold the reception in the same room. I hope this helps.

Thanks Jill. I do know that a DJ was booked so there has to be at least 1 other wedding. I really didn't like the Gallery so I hope I can have the ceremony and reception in Alfred's Bar. But with my luck I'll get the Gallery. I guess that's part of having a cruise ship venue, so I've already realized that everything won't be just as I want it.

Hey Tigerfan,

Where did you park for your tour? Port website says that you need a cruise ticket to park in the cruise parking lots. I won't have a ticket as I am only visiting.

I am going this Sunday and am now a little stressed out. I forgot that it was Mardi Gras weekend and now have to consider monster traffic, parking issues and detours. I couldn't have picked a worse weekend. :(

Oh well, at least the fiance is starting to get excited about the cruise. :)

Thanks!

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

Tigerfan79, Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My fiance and I just recently decided to also get married on the Conquest and I would greatly appreciate if you would share your journey with us. This will be a second marriage for us both (I am a widow and he is divorced) so we are probably much more laid back than the "typical" couple. We will probably be having less than 40 guests but they will all likely be sailing with us. Please let me know if I can pick your brain about your experience once we have set the date. We are looking at late 2012. Good Luck and thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

CaribbeanDeeva, any questions you have I will answer. I just faxed in my guest list. I only have 23 adults and 3 kids. Almost nothing I'm doing is traditional or formal. My date is May 13, 2012. I suggest if you can tour the ship do so. TWE can set up a date for you, your fiancée and 2 others. They request you give them 3 weeks advance notice but my amazing fiancée got a one week approval. It gives you so much more idea of what it's going to be like and because I haven't cruised before I liked knowing what the ship was going to look like.

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your wedding! We also decided to get married on the Conquest out of New Orleans (1/20/2013) I have requested a tour but I am really confused about where the ceremony will be and where the reception will be. How are you getting your guests info on security and parking? Also, can you email me pictures???

jennifer.hall26@yahoo.com

Archived