Staying in touch with home during the cruise

Please forgive me if this is a worn-out topic, but I haven't had a chance to do a lot of research. We're booking a last-minute cruise (less than 6 weeks away, which for me is last minute), and it will be our first with NCL. Someone will be staying with my elderly mother while we're gone and I would love to be able to know that everything's OK back home.

The last time we sailed Carnival there was a way to stay in touch with folks back home for free by logging directly to Carnival.com without connecting all the way to the Internet and then going to their forum section. I created a thread that my family could access and we were able to send messages back and forth all week, which gave me tremendous peace of mind. Does anybody know if NCL has a similar system? I called and none of their agents seems to have heard about it, but on the other hand the folks at Carnival didn't seem to know about it either. I learned about Carnival's free site on the message boards from past cruisers, so I'm hoping maybe an NCL veteran on here might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help!

Archived