Camp Carnival "free play"

chipperberg

Is there a time when you can use the facilities at Camp Carnival and not leave your child there? I will be traveling with a 10 month old and I thought there might be a time each day where he could play in the Camp Carnival aread with me but I am not sure. If so, do you also know about what times it was open or who I would speak to in order to find out? thanks in advance...

Kelly

I'm also looking for more info on that. I will be traveling with a 15 month old on the Elation in April. I've read places where they will allow you to go in there from 12PM-2PM for free play with them on Sea Days. (of course that falls right in line with our nap time... lol)

I did just find where some are 8 am-10 am. I don't really care about the time so much as that there is a time. Thanks. I should have researched more before posting.

Are there toys available to borrow? Just curious. Thanks again!

Glad to see there are toys to check out.... that way I don't have to pack the toy box. Thanks for the info!

The previous poster said, I dont think you can check out the toys...

I don't think you can either. When my son was 2 on his first cruise we over packed - especially the toys & books - so much so that we shipped some home when we were in Cape Canaveral!

We used the free play time with an 18-month-old. We couldn't check out toys. However, we made the free time every day and it was a great break for everyone involved. He even made a couple of friends and, by the end of the week, had favorite toys and a little routine. DW and I would swap out, so it really worked well for everyone.

We did free play twice last week with my 6 month old. He was the only child there which bummed us out as we wanted to meet others with young ones.

However the staff was wonderful and they doted on him, and there were tons of age-appropriate toys and books for him to play with.

The hours are 8-10am on sea days. You can take babies in the evenings from 10-3 for about $7 an hour. We peeked in on this once and there was just one baby sleeping.

Our cruise had only 31 kids under the age of 2.

I know nothing about checking out toys, but we brought a few of his easily packed(flat books, squishy things) toys from home. By the end of the week his favorite toy was the Ship on a Stick that we won playing one of the trivia games.

Archived