Whisper Gym

TeamBozo

Dear Fellow Cruisers,

My wife and I are sailing on the Silver Whisper this April and we are curious about the gym.

We enjoy working out while cruising and are wondering what kind of gym exists on the Whisper. The photo on the website isn't very impressive. Do any of you know what kinds of machines they have and whether or not it tends to be crowded?

Thank you for this info.

Mike H.

If I remember correctly the gym has 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and two bikes. My last trip, one of the ellipticals was out of action most of the cruise. There are also about 4 different gym machines (row, arms, legs etc) and there's a gym as well with mats, weights and balls.

It's not huge, the equipment is ok. The gym is crowded at the times you'd think it would be, and quiet if you go during shore time, lecture time or lunchtime! I managed to find time to run for an hour a day, I waited once, and was careful to check that nobody else needed the machine if I'd already run 30 minutes, the times I picked, they did not.

As long as you are a little flexible, you should be fine.

One thought I've had is that if silversea continues to attract younger cruisers (and I think they are trying to and somewhat succeeding) they'll need a bigger gym.

Dear Fellow Cruisers,

My wife and I are sailing on the Silver Whisper this April and we are curious about the gym.

We enjoy working out while cruising and are wondering what kind of gym exists on the Whisper. The photo on the website isn't very impressive. Do any of you know what kinds of machines they have and whether or not it tends to be crowded?

Thank you for this info.

Mike H.

Archived