How big are the in-room safes?

Can someone please tell me how big the in-room safes are on Mariner of the Seas? Are they big enough to fit a laptop inside?

Thanks!!!

I was not on the Mariner, but on the Grandeur the safe was not large enough to hold a laptop.

question about opening safes: On previous cruises our safe was always opened by a number combination that you set yourself--allowing anyone in your room to access it as long as they knew the code. I have read on other threads that some safes now use magnetic strips (found on credit cards) to open them. I'm not excited about that, since that means that only the person in possession of the card can access the safe. Does anyone know if the safes on the Grandeur have number combinations or magnetic strips to access them? (we are in a junior suite, if that makes a difference)

thanks for your help!

question about opening safes: On previous cruises our safe was always opened by a number combination that you set yourself--allowing anyone in your room to access it as long as they knew the code. I have read on other threads that some safes now use magnetic strips (found on credit cards) to open them. I'm not excited about that, since that means that only the person in possession of the card can access the safe. Does anyone know if the safes on the Grandeur have number combinations or magnetic strips to access them? (we are in a junior suite, if that makes a difference)

thanks for your help!

Your ship card/room key should work as well.

Does that mean that the of the room cards/seapasses/whatever will work on the safe in the room? I will be on the Mariner in a few weeks and have never used the safes, but I am thinking of doing so this time.

Thanks!

The Mariner safes use a code that you select.

I have left my laptop in the room in all hotels and (2) cruises I've taken and not had a problem. I usually tuck it into a drawer or something when gone for a while.

I feel much better about my laptop on the ship than a hotel room...I mean the only people with access to your room are the stewards, and they have nowhere to go with it if they were to consider taking it??

Not that I am insuating that they might take it, but I worry more about a random hotel employee more than any cruise ship staff.

I have NEVER seen a room safe large enough to accomodate a laptop.

Good luck!

Archived