Adventure Ocean Questions

tlmcma

We will be leaving on the Rhapsody out of Galveston next week and will be taking our 3 1/2 yr old son with us. Could someone please answer some questions for me? My son generally does well with babysitters and goes to Sunday School class on his own - the problem is he ALWAYS cries for the first 10 minutes! It doesn't matter how many times he has been somewhere! Then if you sneak a look at him in a few minutes he is happily playing with the other kids and is always happy when we pick him up. I am concerned that the AO staff will not let us leave him if he tries to follow us out and is crying. Also, how easy is it for little kids to get out of the area? If no one was paying close attention to him I wouldn't put it past my son to open the door and try to come find us on his own! Did you find the area secure? I know my son will love the program but am afraid they won't give him a chance due to that initial reaction! Has anyone else experienced this and how did the staff handle it? Did anyone's preschool "escape" from the program's designated area? Thanks

We were one the Radiance over New Years last year and so there were a lot of children on the ship and in the kids club. There were some that were crying and it did not seem to be a problem at drop-off. However, my son who was 5 at the time did leave the club. A fellow passenger found him by the elevators and brought him back. There was not a mention of this to me by the staff but when the passenger saw me with my son he told me what had transpired. I understand that stuff happens and all was fine, but the attitude of the staff and management was not what I would expect. The tried to brush it off and when we pressed them, we were told that it was just a freak thing and then we reviewed security measures. As I said there were a lot of children at this time of year so I could see how one could get out but they really needed to make certain that the doors were shut and kids were accounted for at all times(he ran out behind a parent when the door opened).

That said, we have always used kids clubs whenever we travel and have not had any problems at all. I think it was a freak thing.

CS

Archived