Love that--Triple Play Sale!!!

Received an email from Carnival this morning regarding - Triple Play Sale-cash back, free upgrades & great rates. Emailed my PVP to see if we qualified for anything. Was able to get $100 OBC as we booked Fun Select. Ohh so happy :D!!!

First time going on Carnival and we haven't even step foot on the ship and I'm lovin it ;).

Happy Sailing!

If you book early saver, or are a senior, or past guest, or military- you usually can do better. But if you are new to it, young(ish), etc- it can be a great deal. But keep at it- you'll get old soon enough and then you too can sail cheaper.

Yeah, I booked a cruise last night, and then today see the sale deal, and was thinking, I guess I messed up, but after comparing to my ES rate, it would be quite a bit more. The sale only helps last minute folks.

It doesn't really help last minute folks because I booked my cruise a few days before the sale started for a last minute cruise and it was almost two hundred dollars higher than my past guest rate.

I was talking about this very issue with my TA about a week ago. She says she's so glad I understand these "sales and specials." She said she has to work hard to explain to some clients that these are really mostly meant for newbies to cruising.

If the upgrades were really upgrades, then it would be a good deal. But, when mock booking it, I only get upgraded by one balcony and then any others significantly increase the price, even though it says "Free Upgrades included in price". I dunno, I'll stick with Early Saver.

But OP, whatever gets you on the ship you should be happy with! Enjoy yourself!

Received an email from Carnival this morning regarding - Triple Play Sale-cash back, free upgrades & great rates. Emailed my PVP to see if we qualified for anything. Was able to get $100 OBC as we booked Fun Select. Ohh so happy :D!!!

First time going on Carnival and we haven't even step foot on the ship and I'm lovin it ;).

Happy Sailing!

Yeah, these "sales" are never actually sales! I checked the price of mine before the sale and then after....its $100 more per person after the sale started!

I checked out this "sale" as well. I'm curious where the sale is. The rates were higher than ES and past guest. We would have to pay over $200 extra to get a $150 OBC :eek: As far as the upgrades go, on the spirit I don't think there is an upgrade from the French Doors unless they upgrade you to a balcony but I highly doubt that would happen.

I did notice something quite strange though. To upgrade from interior to the french doors with the ES rate was $14 pp/pd. To do the same upgrade using the past guest rate it was $17 pp/pd. Past guest rates are supposed to be beneficial to past guests so why would it be an extra $3 per day, per person?

Archived