Freedom Question About AO and Teen Activities

Atty

Does anyone have recent information about AO on Freedom as well as the teen activities during the day? I am looking at going in March 2013 with a 9 and 12 year old and would like to give them some general idea (recognizing that things change in the course of the year) of what Adventure Ocean has for the 9 year old and what the 12 year old can do during the day through the teen program. They have both cruised before but this will be their first 7 nighter.

Thanks in advance

Does anyone have recent information about AO on Freedom as well as the teen activities during the day? I am looking at going in March 2013 with a 9 and 12 year old and would like to give them some general idea (recognizing that things change in the course of the year) of what Adventure Ocean has for the 9 year old and what the 12 year old can do during the day through the teen program. They have both cruised before but this will be their first 7 nighter.

Thanks in advance

I will be going in march of 2012 I will try to find some info out for you while onboard

I cant tell you about the teen activities but I can share AO. My son was 11 this past August and loved going to AO. We got the Compass everyday and your kids should get their own. They can highlight the activities that they want to do.

My son cholse to go to AO only in the evenings. I think we were pretty busy during the day anyway. We spent a lot of the sea days at the pools. We went to See Kung Foo Panda 2 in 3d. There is so much going on plus the ports we stopped at.

AO plays fun games with the kids. There is a sports night, so pack the tennis shoes. I would even take the tennis shoes to the MDR that night if you go and then let you child go straight on up to AO. It is a hassle going back to the cabin. I think there is Science night. They are very creative and from what I understand, the workers are degreed workers and not just random people thrown in

There were some families at our Meet and Mingle that did not like the Teen area. But the teens met some friends at the Meet and Mingle get together. Some of the families meet up and introduce their kids to each other. Some hit it off and some dont

Your kids should have a blast on the cruise. The cruise stretched my 11 yr old because he has never travel so far away from home. It was good for him to learn to handle being outside his comfort zone. He was so sweet when he held our hands while we snokled just to stay close to us.

I cant tell you about the teen activities but I can share AO. My son was 11 this past August and loved going to AO. We got the Compass everyday and your kids should get their own. They can highlight the activities that they want to do.

My son cholse to go to AO only in the evenings. I think we were pretty busy during the day anyway. We spent a lot of the sea days at the pools. We went to See Kung Foo Panda 2 in 3d. There is so much going on plus the ports we stopped at.

AO plays fun games with the kids. There is a sports night, so pack the tennis shoes. I would even take the tennis shoes to the MDR that night if you go and then let you child go straight on up to AO. It is a hassle going back to the cabin. I think there is Science night. They are very creative and from what I understand, the workers are degreed workers and not just random people thrown in

There were some families at our Meet and Mingle that did not like the Teen area. But the teens met some friends at the Meet and Mingle get together. Some of the families meet up and introduce their kids to each other. Some hit it off and some dont

Your kids should have a blast on the cruise. The cruise stretched my 11 yr old because he has never travel so far away from home. It was good for him to learn to handle being outside his comfort zone. He was so sweet when he held our hands while we snokled just to stay close to us.

Thanks for the info. Both my DDs have loved the programs in the past. This will be the first one though that our oldest will be in the "teen" category as she will be 12 so we have no experience in that arena. She is somewhat shy at first so I am hoping I can get her some information to help her feel more comfortable :) I have no doubt that my younger daughter will take the 9-11 area by storm. As shy as my older one is, my younger one is a little social butterfly :)

Archived