Easter/Spring Break for 2005

serene sea

The New York City schools will only be closed on Good Friday, March 25th. Then they'll be off for spring break the week of April 25 through April 29 (Passover). This info is from the NYC Board of Ed calendar for next year.

Monarch of the Seas 6/94
Majesty of the Seas 6/96
Galaxy 8/02
Norwegian Dawn 4/04

HI..I would wait untill you are deffinalty sure about the dates before booking. I live in NJ and was told that next year they are going to take away days from the spring break if we loose days to snow in the winter. Meaning if we have 3 days where snow caused the school to close then those 3 days will be made up during spring break. So I would check with the school that they attend to see what the deal is. This year we have to go 5 days later cause of snow days.
Linda

Linda

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;6;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until First Cruise

We are not going to have a Easter break here in Yorktown/Westchester County NY just a long weekend(March 24-28 We are off a week and a day in April(18-25 Monday to Monday)If we use/or need days to make up due to snow our make-up days are May 27, March 28, April 18,19,20. We also lost our February break for 2005. The calender for 2004/2005 was a difficult one to put together. I am hoping we could get some of the ships to come to the New York area eariler that year. It is so nice to leave right out of NY. Good luck to all.

i have the memo from Chancellor Klein right here. In NYC (and the 5 boros) school starts Sept. 13th and they have off March 25th (Good Friday) and Spring Recess is from April 25 - April 29. This is NYC public schools. Unless they decided to change it before Sept.

Monarch of the Seas 6/94
Majesty of the Seas 6/96
Galaxy 8/02
Norwegian Dawn 4/04

If the district has the starting date, they should have the wholde calendar set. That usually needs to be presented to the board of ed and voted on before they release any information. Try checking the district's web site. If that fails, try asking someone in the office.

NJ districts all have different weeks off from March to end of April. By now, most of the calendars are set for next year - you should be able to find out from your Bd. of Ed office. Unless, you're trying to avoid Spring break, then...there is great variation, but many in NY/NJ do have off the last week of April.

I am in NJ and our children don't have a real spring break this year.. just a long weekend over Easter. The reason (as it was explained to me) is that they usually start school the first Wednesday of September (which is usually the Wednesday after Labor Day). This year Labor Day is "late" in that they won't be starting school till the SECOND Wednesday in September. They had to make up that week so they took a couple of days away from Spring break and a couple of days away from the week they usually have off in November for Election day and Teacher's Conventions.

DJ

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;31;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
This is our FIRST Cruise

• 1 month later...
Spring break in NJ varies from town to town. I called my district's board of ed today and they faxed me next year's calendar. Thankfully both my children, who attend different schools and in different districts, they both are off from Good Friday through 4/3. Hence we'll be sailing on the 3/27 Dawn.

Archived