Extreme Cruises

seadog67

Searched for a thread but did not see it so.. there is a show on I believe Plant Green channel called Extreme Cruises that airs sometime tomorrow, the 9th. It details the Oasis of the seas and all it takes on turnaround day. My DVR Recorded the original episode on Sunday and I did not even know it. If you search Extreme Cruise you should be able to find the airing time for tomorrow. Also, not 100% sure it is Planet Green channel, may be another channel sorry, my mind is cruising already.

Seadog67 :)

I have now watched that episode at least 5 times (although it was a totally different perspective watching it AFTER we were on the Oasis a few weeks ago). Love it!! It's definitely amazing to see what goes on behind the scenes. We were fortunate on our last cruise to meet up with one of our close friends who is the Environmental Officer on the Celebrity Millenium which was docked next to us in Cozumel. He brought us on and gave us a tour of the areas on his ship where the passengers aren't allowed - it was amazing to see "I95" and the Bridge...it was an awesome experience! It also makes you truly appreciate everyone's hard work to make sure we have a great vacation!

I've seen this before. Might have previously been on the travel channel.

It was fascinating. Great watch.

Thought the part about how they have to go about replacing mattresses was interesting. You can't even comprehend all that must be going on to make it all work.

There are several Oasis and Freedom related shows that make the rounds of the various Discover channel affiliates. What I REALLY want to see is one that profiles the whole cruise experience from a total newbie perspective. One that not only shows off the ship features but also walks people through things like the Muster Drill, daily life onboard (dining venues, activities, entertainment options, etc...) but also visiting ports (dock versus tender). A bit of behind the scenes would be good (what makes it go and how they make water let alone all those meals).

We have a lot of never-cruised friends and family and this sort of show would be excellent for them.

Expanding on that how about a series the profiles each major line? Sort of like the main CC pages (there is a Cruise Critic outside the forums I hear ;)). Maybe Expedia needs to create a Cruise Critic channel to compete with Discover. :cool:

Archived