Allure Bed Question

Kenlorz

Quick question:

In regards to balcony rooms (the alternating Bed by the Closet, Bed by the Balcony situation), when standing at your door looking towards your balcony, when the bed is by the balcony is it ALWAYS on the right wall, and when the bed is by the closet is it ALWAYS on the left wall? That seems to be the way I keep seeing it in pictures.

The reason I ask is that we are thinking about booking a boardwalk balcony room towards the aft of the ship and trying to figure out what we will be looking at when lying in bed. We were curious if the bed locations will change on boardwalk balconies depending on if you are located port or starboard, or if they are always left wall for closet location and right wall for balcony location when looking from the door to the balcony. If I'm not managing to make any sense yet... :rolleyes:

We are basically wondering if we booked an aft boardwalk balcony on the starboard side and picked a cabin that had the bed by the balcony, while lying in bed, would we be looking out towards the aquatheater or would we be looking forward? If we picked a Port side cabin with the bed by the balcony, would we be looking forward or aft? We are hoping to be lying in bed and catch a glimpse of the ocean, so we are trying to pick the perfect cabin... which for us would be a boardwalk balcony cabin with the bed by the balcony and a view of the aquatheater and the ocean while lying in bed. So can you give a gal some insider tips ;)

Ok... maybe it wasn't a quick question :p:D

Sorry...I really can't help with your question. Mine is similar...but simpler. I just want to find a way to be sure my outside balcony cabin has the bed near the balcony rather than the door. Can't find my cabin # on any of the lists for reviews or pictures. REALLY want the bed near the balcony. My travel agent is trying to check with RC but it doesn't look promising that they'll be able to tell us either. VERY frustrating.

Quick question:

In regards to balcony rooms (the alternating Bed by the Closet, Bed by the Balcony situation), when standing at your door looking towards your balcony, when the bed is by the balcony is it ALWAYS on the right wall, and when the bed is by the closet is it ALWAYS on the left wall? That seems to be the way I keep seeing it in pictures.

The reason I ask is that we are thinking about booking a boardwalk balcony room towards the aft of the ship and trying to figure out what we will be looking at when lying in bed. We were curious if the bed locations will change on boardwalk balconies depending on if you are located port or starboard, or if they are always left wall for closet location and right wall for balcony location when looking from the door to the balcony. If I'm not managing to make any sense yet... :rolleyes:

We are basically wondering if we booked an aft boardwalk balcony on the starboard side and picked a cabin that had the bed by the balcony, while lying in bed, would we be looking out towards the aquatheater or would we be looking forward? If we picked a Port side cabin with the bed by the balcony, would we be looking forward or aft? We are hoping to be lying in bed and catch a glimpse of the ocean, so we are trying to pick the perfect cabin... which for us would be a boardwalk balcony cabin with the bed by the balcony and a view of the aquatheater and the ocean while lying in bed. So can you give a gal some insider tips ;)

Ok... maybe it wasn't a quick question :p:D

We had 11327 on the Allure, second to last room, port side. Bed was on the left, next to the closet. We loved the room, but you would not see anything technically speaking, if lying in the bed, especially the theater. Yes, you are facing the theater, but no way you would see it if that is your intent. I do not think you would see it from the couch either. Angles are everything.

view from the 4th or 5th room back, lower deck..

We had a 95% view of the theater, could only not see a very small portion of the right side. But, being on deck 11, we could go to the public balcony, be the only one out there and watch the shows from up there.

Enjoy!

You guys are hurting my head;)

To find the pair of cabins, look for a pair of connecting cabins on the deck plans (indicated by little arrows connecting them). Now pretend you are in the hall looking at the little indent for those two cabins; ( wave hi to the cabin attendant!:D) the right cabin is bed by balcony, and left cabin is bed by closet.

Ok, so now we are walking into the room on the right, for the right cabin the bed will be on right wall, so on the starboard side of the ship you would look out the window and see the AT (or at least in that general direction). Now walk into the left cabin in the pair, the bed will be on the left wall, and you will be looking at Dazzles (or at least in that general direction)

Now go out into the lobby, cross the elevator bank and head to the port side...find another pair there. Looking at that pair cabin doors from the hallway, right is bed by the balcony (BBB), and left is bed by the closet (BBC). So in the right cabin (BBB) on the right wall, you are looking toward Dazzles, and in the left cabin (BBC) on the left wall you are looking towards the AT.

I think this is right...errr, I mean correct...but it is wayyyy beyond my spatial relations skills set, so I could be entirely wrong...but that seems to line up when I think about every room I've been in. I hope that made some sense...but probably not:rolleyes:

BTW- if the cabin you are looking at is not connecting, just count every other cabin from a connecting pair till you get to yours. And as some of us have mentioned before all bets are off for weird, one off, or interior cabins set at angles, in sets of 3, or cabins adjoining suites, because no one really knows without a photo how those cabins were constructed.

The youtube above with a cabin on the PORT side shows that the bed is facing the dazzles direction, not the AT directions, so that might help you visualize it! I agree with mtsnd that you will not see much from bed in any case!!

Archived