Price Drop questions

n2qmt

Hello, I hope someone can give me a little guidance here. I am booked on a cruise in late March. There are 4 of us and we are all in a category 4F. I did use the Early Saver, past guest rate and I paid X. Now, checking the fare finder, I see nothing of course in the 4F category, however, a category 6B is going for X plus $80 using the past guest rate. There is also a rate called the Pack and Go rate for the Category 6B which is X MINUS $120.

I called the 800 number last night to check for fare drops or upgrade availability and was told there was nothing. Will they only offer me an upgrade to an Oceanview if that past guest rate drops below what I paid? I mean I probably would have paid the $80 for the 6B. Also, I would assume that the "Pack and Go" rate would not qualify as the price drop? I wish it did!!

I've never pursued price drops so I'm not clear on the rules and restrictions. Thanks!

John

Most of the time Pack & Go (PNG) rates are for 'Guarantee' cabins. Meaning, Carnival picks your cabin for you.

If the PNG rate comes the the ability to select a cabin and a 4F is available and the rate is less than you paid....then this will qualify.

You may be able to upgrade to an OV - PNG (likely a guarantee) OV that is x - 120 and receive the difference in OBC. Call and ask them!!

Good luck!!

Hello, I hope someone can give me a little guidance here. I am booked on a cruise in late March. There are 4 of us and we are all in a category 4F. I did use the Early Saver, past guest rate and I paid X. Now, checking the fare finder, I see nothing of course in the 4F category, however, a category 6B is going for X plus $80 using the past guest rate. There is also a rate called the Pack and Go rate for the Category 6B which is X MINUS $120.

I called the 800 number last night to check for fare drops or upgrade availability and was told there was nothing. Will they only offer me an upgrade to an Oceanview if that past guest rate drops below what I paid? I mean I probably would have paid the $80 for the 6B. Also, I would assume that the "Pack and Go" rate would not qualify as the price drop? I wish it did!!

I've never pursued price drops so I'm not clear on the rules and restrictions. Thanks!

John

Assuming your ARE booked Early Saver:

If a Category above yours drops below your ES Rate, you can upgrade to that Category/cabin and get OBC for the Difference.

Pack and Go is a "Guarantee" Booking and you can't "directly" price match with ES. However, if the Pack and Go Category (OV, BL, ST) above your ES category drops below your ES rate, you can give up your ES assigned cabin for a TBA cabin in the higher category, get OBC for the difference, and remain Early Saver. Some have posted that they did not have to give up their assigned cabin, but that's not the Policy.

ken

Pack n goes are always gtys, therefore, its impossible you are seeing one for a 6B, its for wherever they want to put you.

Here is the list of current pack no go's

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/PKGO.pdf

Not to sound nitpicky

I did use the Early Saver, past guest rate and I paid X.

You cannot be both ES and past guest, so you are one or the other.

Pack n goes are always gtys, therefore, its impossible you are seeing one for a 6B, its for wherever they want to put you.

Here is the list of current pack no go's

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/PKGO.pdf

Not to sound nitpicky

You cannot be both ES and past guest, so you are one or the other.

You are correct. Thanks for the clarification. It is a OV guarantee that I saw on the Pack and Go.

Archived