New Weight Restrictions On AA

deb7073

I found out yesterday that luggage weight has changed for international. At least on American Airlines. I was just in Brussles a month ago and it was still 70 lbs. Now it's 50 lbs. Actually they said that it's a total of 100 lbs per person. (2 cases each) And that they would 'probably' wave the 50 lb limit as long as both cases didn't exceed 100 lbs. (I don't think I trust 'probably')

I've been charged 75.00 before (nationally) because I had exceeded the weight limit. (they didn't previously notify us then, either)

Hubby and I both are plantinum members on American. They send me more emails than I can read, but when they make such significant changes, they don't bother to tell anyone.

So anyone flying internationally should check with their airline.

I'm quite envious!

Because something tells me that I'm going to be exceeding the weight limit.

I'm just grateful that I knew before I arrived at the airport. I feel for those who aren't warned and must pay the heavy fines.

And how did I find out? I went to a store to replace one of my suitcases, and they informed me of the changes. I was forced to buy a smaller case.

Can't wait to see how many gowns I'll be able to pack.

So yes, I definitely envy you! :)

I recently found out on the internet that their new allowance of 50# is also for domestic travel. We were hit with a $75 charge on Northwest 2 years ago. I've decided to take two suitcases, so that I won't be over the weight again. The bonus will be more room for clothing and purchases in the Caribbean! My husband, of course, is less than thrilled!

Originally, we were told at a luggage store about the weight change.

(which surprised us considering we had just been overseas)

We immediately called AA and was told the same thing. It had just gone into effect.

If you look at my new thread... NEW UPDATED WT CHANGE ON AA, you'll see that they have reversed the ruling. (didn't last long)

The AA rep said there were so many complaints, they had no choice but to change it back to 70 lbs.

About time we're listened to.

Archived