Glory 8308 - Pool Noise?

Crew32

Hopefully someone can answer this. I booked a cat 8C. the best they could find was 8308 (Verandah Deck).... one deck below but near the pools and spa of the lido deck. Has anyone had any experience with this room or one of a similar location? Will there be a lot of noise from the pool and /or bands? What about when on the balcony? Should I try to move down to the Empress Deck?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

We were on that deck on our cruise on the Glory. I had the same worries as you. We had a little noise in the morning from the chairs being moved. But after the first morning we just slept threw it. we loved the location. One flight up and we were at the pool and all drinks and food. We all agreed we would stay there again without any problems. Enjoy!!

Carla

I think the Empress deck is the best; Lido two decks up - Promanade 2 decks down. Short walks to most of the ships entertainment with a deck insulating you from everything. We were on the Empress deck and it was always quiet (except when our late night neighbours came in - what was with banging the closet door?).

Hi,

Our room was 8340 and I think we were right under the pool area. If not really close. The location was not our choice but it was a balcony upgrade. But really the noise was not bad at all. But that was us maybe it would bother someone else.

Have a great time!!!

Carla

I am glad to hear that. I orginally booked an 8A Guaranty but finally was able to move up to a quad 8B (Empress) deck. I try not to get under public areas, elevators or connecting cabins......I was thrilled it opened up. Honestly I am a big baby about noise but my sons and husband are not and they have not complained yet.....BTW I take ear plugs but the newer ships also seem to have noise control vs. the older. I am sure she will not be mad but thrilled to have a vacation with you. Keep checking back every few days. TA's and people hold a cabin (24 hour holds) and right before final payments something usually will open up if you really need to move. It sounds as if it will be fine. Have fun!

Archived