Paperback Exchange on Gem?

gpa385

Read on a separate post that some ships have a Paperback Exchange in their libraries - does the NCL Gem have something like that? Anyone know if they do the same for middle grade books (10-12 year old books)?

It would limit the number of books we'd bring. Thanks CC posters!

Read on a separate post that some ships have a Paperback Exchange in their libraries - does the NCL Gem have something like that? Anyone know if they do the same for middle grade books (10-12 year old books)?

It would limit the number of books we'd bring. Thanks CC posters!

Haven't been on the Gem but have seen this on several other NCL ships. I would assume they have it also.

• 3 weeks later...

All of the NCL ships have a paperback exchange in the library. However, keep in mind that these are not paperbacks furnished by the ship but are paperbacks turned in by passengers. Years ago there used to be a good selection as passengers finished paperbacks they'd brought with them.

However, nowadays so many passengers have kindles or nooks or other eReaders, so the paperback exchange is very limited.

However, you can check out the ship's hardback books during your cruise.

I wondered the same thing. What is a MM?

Just a guess but I thought they meant Murder Mysteries. I'm figuring people bring books that are quick reading & these generally fit the billing.

Archived