Convince me to get off the Oasis at Falmouth

DonnaK

We are a family of 4 (early 50's plus two young adult daughters). We've been to Ocho Rios a few times - did the Falls and River Tubing (booked with Marva Shaw - loved her!).

I cannot figure out what to do in Falmouth that's worth getting off the ship.

Any suggestions for something fun/interesting that won't break the budget when multiplied by 4 people.

We are a family of 4 (early 50's plus two young adult daughters). We've been to Ocho Rios a few times - did the Falls and River Tubing (booked with Marva Shaw - loved her!).

I cannot figure out what to do in Falmouth that's worth getting off the ship.

Any suggestions for something fun/interesting that won't break the budget when multiplied by 4 people.

Have you joined your ship's Roll Call?

Personally, I am not an "island or exploration" person, so the island has little significance to me. I look for a sailing or snorkeling excursion that leaves from the pier. Sometimes a nice beach with a bar.

This might suit you. Stop at the white witch on the way, beautiful views.

You can get an independent guide at falmouth to carry you around. Around 150.00+ depending on length and what you want to do.

http://www.margaritavillecaribbean.com/welcome_montegobay.html

We used Patrice

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1515939

i was in falmouth two weeks ago on the voyager. if you don't book an excursion, it kind of isn't worth getting off the ship (and i'd NEVER say that, because i cruise to see the ports, not to enjoy the ship.) the only thing in the port is a shopping mall. it's awful. and beyond the 'protected' port area there's not much, either (and you'll have to deal with some VERY assertive sales people!)

i did the horseback ride n swim excursion, which will be too much money for a family (it was almost too much money just for me--ha!) however, i did talk to several people who did what i originally wanted to do--the shuttle to good hope plantation ($25/pp). they said that it was a lovely way to spend a few hours, hiking and enjoying the trails and the scenery. you can also tour the main house. if i ever go back to falmouth (i'm thinking that i won't--i super didn't like it) that's what i'd do.

Archived