cabin 1264, Liberty of the Seas

Hi,

Has anyone been on 1264 on the Liberty before? I want to know whether it is directly under the cantilevered whirlpool or not, and how much will I get affected in terms of sun. I dont want a balcony with no sun at all :( Looks like cabin 1260 is directly under the whirlpool, but 1264 also gets affected a little bit. I have researched so much online, but cannot come up with a definitive answer. I found a good deal today and upgraded today, now I am wondering if I made a mistake!!

Please, any help will be appreciated.

There is a website where you can drag deck plans - line up elevators and see what is above/below you. Google cruise ship deck plans. For me, the first link that came up is it. You don't need to become a member and you can just click the option to drag deck plans.

• 2 years later...

I appreciate this is an old thread but with the recent request for information...

1264 is directly under the whirlpool. 1260 and 1268 are very partially affected.

From what I saw when I stayed in 1560 (equivalent situation but on port side) 1564 had little or no sun on it at all. It is an incredibly large overhang.

Below is a picture taken from 1560 towards 1564 and shows the overhang above 1564.

P1030742_zps51b99223.jpg

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I appreciate this is an old thread but with the recent request for information...

1264 is directly under the whirlpool. 1260 and 1268 are very partially affected.

From what I saw when I stayed in 1560 (equivalent situation but on port side) 1564 had little or no sun on it at all. It is an incredibly large overhang.

Below is a picture taken from 1560 towards 1564 and shows the overhang above 1564.

P1030742_zps51b99223.jpg

Thank you so much for your reply and photo - you have helped me immensely, and solidified my decision to move one cabin over to 1268. :-)

Thank you so much for your reply and photo - you have helped me immensely, and solidified my decision to move one cabin over to 1268. :-)

I am really happy I could help. 1560 and 1568 barely had any overhang as you can see in the photo. I know it will be identical on the other side for 1260/1264/1268. They have a very marginally larger balcony on one half where it bows out for the slight bump. Half the glass will be reflective, half normal. The reflective side just makes it more difficult to see to sea but honestly, I loved the balcony and cabin I had, I am sure you will too :)

Showing the difference between the reflective and clear balcony glass...

P1030746_zps629b31c1.jpg

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I am really happy I could help. 1560 and 1568 barely had any overhang as you can see in the photo. I know it will be identical on the other side for 1260/1264/1268. They have a very marginally larger balcony on one half where it bows out for the slight bump. Half the glass will be reflective, half normal. The reflective side just makes it more difficult to see to sea but honestly, I loved the balcony and cabin I had, I am sure you will too :)

Showing the difference between the reflective and clear balcony glass...

P1030746_zps629b31c1.jpg

That information is absolutely wonderful! I honestly can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me out and send pictures as well. We have a December 15th sailing date, so I will be sure to check back in with you and tell how wonderful it was for us! You are awesome!!!

That information is absolutely wonderful! I honestly can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me out and send pictures as well. We have a December 15th sailing date, so I will be sure to check back in with you and tell how wonderful it was for us! You are awesome!!!

It honestly is no trouble at all. I have looked for information in the past, found very little and so do my best to accumulate what I can to help others - that is why these boards are here.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise :)

Yes 1264 is directly under a massive overhang. I wish I knew that before we booked our suite. It was kind of a big deal for us because we barely had any sun. However, the balcony was huge! I wasn't happy and asked them to move our suite but they were all booked up. They offered us a future cruise credit of half the price of the current cruise on liberty of the seas, which was reasonable.

However, I still think people should know about the overhang when they book their cruise but there is no way of knowing that from the rccl website.

• 2 years later...
Hi,

Thanks so much for the info. The website is cruisedeckplans.com. It looks like cabin 1264 is not completely under the whirlpool, though we might have some overhang. Don't know how much it will block off the sun!! 10 more days to go :))

Hello

How was this suite? We also have it booked.

Thanks!