Oceania Riviera Rome to Venice 9-24-12

cruisingsuze

I was on this itinerary last summer on the Marina. A wonderful cruise.

I'd recommend extending your trip to get even just a taste of these cities.

I flew into Rome a few days early and stayed two nights in Venice at the end. Also, we didn't go to Florence during the cruise itself. I felt it would be too rushed to try to see Florence in one day like that. Instead we used that day for a tour of Tuscany which was very nice. After Venice, we took the train to Florence and spent a few days there. Still not enough time but better than a day trip. All told, we were gone 3 weeks with 12 days being on the cruise and 2 days traveling.

You'll find extensive information on the port of call boards and on Tripadvisor for each city.

I also found Rick Steve's audio tours, which are available free on itunes, to be very helpful for specific sights around Rome, Venice and Florence. Since time is very limited I'd strongly recommend private tours to avoid lines.

Laura's Marina review she posted recently was on this itinerary and she did an excellent job of reporting on the ship.

You're going to have a great time. Enjoy!

PS, make sure you have a good comfortable pair of walking shoes, you're going to need them!

Hi fellow cruisers,

Just booked this cruise. Any ideas for seeing the signsRome, Venice or Florence from experienced or just motivated well-read travelers?

We have a roll call started but it has not been very busy. You have to sign in for Roll Call then go to "Rome to Venice Sept 24, 2012". I'd put a link in here but I don't know how to do it. Perhaps LHT28, JimStan, or the many others with thier vast wealth of info can direct you. I am Deb and will be traveling with my DH Jim and our friends Pam & Bill.

We have a roll call started but it has not been very busy. You have to sign in for Roll Call then go to "Rome to Venice Sept 24, 2012". I'd put a link in here but I don't know how to do it. Perhaps LHT28, JimStan, or the many others with thier vast wealth of info can direct you. I am Deb and will be traveling with my DH Jim and our friends Pam & Bill.

Here you go Deb;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1460711

Archived