11-15 April (4 Nighter) Sovereign Review

Reltco

Where was your cabin located? We had the sewer smell 24-7 in our cabin. Nothing anyone did could alliviate it. I believe it is all in location. There were plates in our cabin that said grey water outlet behind headboard....

And also when we sailed her alot of crew were sick then as well in Feb?

Having sailed on SOS 2 previous times and having much better cabin locations I would agree on those occasions she is a good deal and a nice ship over all.

Which cabin were you in?

WOW-------has it gone up that much???????It used to be the same as the water taxi(which I wouldnt ever take again--they tend to overload them).....anyway,$10PP????????????

Hey Cruisingator..........check out our roll call for the May 6th SOS.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=121267&page=1&pp=25

My bad, 4-5 dollars per person one way. Around $10 pp both ways (taxi driver has to pay for the bridge toll you know! - sheesh)

WOW-------has it gone up that much???????It used to be the same as the water taxi(which I wouldnt ever take again--they tend to overload them).....anyway,$10PP????????????

Hey Cruisingator..........check out our roll call for the May 6th SOS.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=121267&page=1&pp=25

Sorry,

Public math is not my thing...the taxi worked out to be about $4.75 a head - $9 for 2 going over there and $10 for 2 coming back. so that's $19 total round trip for 2 people...19 divided by 4 = $4.75

Regardless - NEGOTIATE YOUR FARE PRIOR TO GETTING IN THE CAB!!!

We didn't and went on the hotel porter's word and got screwed, or take the water taxi for better scenery, no hastle and $3 per person each way.

Reltco: Please tell me about formal night, on any of your trips on the Sovereign. We'll be on her for seven days (doing a B2B over New Year's), but others will look at this as just a 3-day or a 4-day cruise. How dressy is formal night on these shorter cruises? I would think that the cruise that include New Year's Eve will be dressier, but what about the first one? Should my son count on wearing his tux once, or twice?

Many thanks.

Carol

Carol,

Any formal night posting in these pages will suffice. There was a mixture of tuxes and gowns to suits and dresses to dressy casual. I prefer the tuxes myself. on teh 4-nighter the formal night is on Wednesday night (Nassau). Certainly NYE should be dressier but it's your cruise, make your memories and dress the way you want to (hopefully you'll put on the Ritz!). IF you're doing a B2B, I can't tell you which night it is on the 3-nighter. Only thing I can compare to is the Mariner 7-nighter where we did have 2 formal nights. Hope it helps.

Reltco

Where was your cabin located? We had the sewer smell 24-7 in our cabin. Nothing anyone did could alliviate it. I believe it is all in location. There were plates in our cabin that said grey water outlet behind headboard....

And also when we sailed her alot of crew were sick then as well in Feb?

Having sailed on SOS 2 previous times and having much better cabin locations I would agree on those occasions she is a good deal and a nice ship over all.

Our cabin was 4585, closer to the Centrum for the 4 deck rooms. Other family members were in close proximity on 4 (about 4 other rooms) and we had 2 rooms on 10.

If you see they sign "grey water" that's kitchen drains, shower drains, deck drains, deep sink drains, etc. That smells but not as bad as "black water" which is raw sewage from the toilets.

Hello

Im first time cruiser on Royal caribbean and on this ship Ive been on carnival Princess and HAL Just a few questions please Is it true that there is a surcharge for Johnny Rockets, Ice cream and coffee shop and Pizza ?? and do they have a midnight buffet and also does the ship have a big deck party thanks for your Imfo James

Hello

Im first time cruiser on Royal caribbean and on this ship Ive been on carnival Princess and HAL Just a few questions please Is it true that there is a surcharge for Johnny Rockets, Ice cream and coffee shop and Pizza ?? and do they have a midnight buffet and also does the ship have a big deck party thanks for your Imfo James

James,

In short, yes to a surcharge at Johnny Rockets ($3.95 pp) but there are JR surcharge coupons for Crown and Anchor Gold members and above. Ben & Jerry's charges for their ice cream - I don't know the price. Seattle's Best, right next to B&J's, charges for their coffee - don't know the price. No charges whatsoever for pizza.

There is a midnight buffet on Wednesday night on the 4-nighter and it is a big deck party. There is a chocolate buffet on Tuesday night by the Centrum but nothing organized by the pool the other nights. There are things to do at the pool deck throughout the day. Hope it helps.

Reltco

Reltco,

We will be on the sovereign may 9th and our cabins are 4548 and 4547 they are farther away from the centrum than yours was....Do you know if the smell was worse there or if the smell is worse on in inside cabin than an outside?...Any advice would be great...we are thinking about bringing air fresheners just incase!

Reltco,

We will be on the sovereign may 9th and our cabins are 4548 and 4547 they are farther away from the centrum than yours was....Do you know if the smell was worse there or if the smell is worse on in inside cabin than an outside?...Any advice would be great...we are thinking about bringing air fresheners just incase!

Bring your air fresheners if you want but don't be overly concerned about the smell. We never smelled anyting in the room and the odor when present was fleeting. Your cruise experience will overshadow the minor odor, trust me. If you only have room for one extra item, pick the clothes pins for the shower curtain over the air fresheners. Have fun!

Reltco

PS Just looked at your rooms on the deck plans. They're not too far from what we had and look very convenient as far as location. You'll have a blast.

Archived