Do you arrive the day before or the day of your cruise?

We flew into Miami a day early and stayed with family in Miami. We also stayed a day late with family. It made life much easier for us even though we only had a 3 hour 15 minute flight. Of course the day we flew home our flight was delayed 2 1/2 hours so it did take some time getting home. Especially as we flew into Boston the day of the Marathon.

I have been on 4 RCCL cruises and 3 of them have been either out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Our last one, Explorer August '04 we stayed at my brother-in-laws in Ft. Lauderdale the night before, not because had to but we wanted to. We live over on the west coast of Florida in Naples. Only a 2 hour drive to Miami. My step children flew down to Miami the night before, thank goodness because the airline lost ALL of her checked luggage, and it didn't get it to the hotel till about 2:00 am. And she also went on a cruise with us to Alaska, out of Vancouver, and they lost her luggage that time also. So, If you can afford it I would say travel the day before.

Definately a day early. We just went on a spring break cruise and luckily booked a day in advance to be on vacation. WE got to the airport and our flight was delayed due to high winds in Charlotte (our connecting flight), then delayed again, then cancelled. They said they could get us on the next day, but it wouldn't put us into our destination until 6:00 p.m.....the boat would have been gone, it leaves at 4! So they offered us to fly into the first port the ship stopped at. We were bummed!! :( We were going to miss take off and the first day at sea. Finally an attendant told us that if we drove to Cincinnati Ohio(we live in Indianapolis) we could catch a late flight out of there and be in by 11 p.m. It was so scary, I thought we were going to miss the boat. We drove 2 1/2 hours to Cincinnati and caught the plane there.....they were loading as soon as we got their.

Cruise was great!! :)

OH MY! I would've been NUTSO in the car ride for 2-1/2 hours to Cincinnati!!!

Just goes to show that it doesn't have to be snowy weather to get a plane delayed or cancelled!

Archived