Wave Runner Stingray City and Rum Point Tour

colesc15

Hi everyone. I'm looking at the Wave Runner Stingray City and Rum Point Tour in Grand Caymans from Island Marketing.. someone who's done it before, can you tell me how it is? Is it worth the money? Also, once you're off the ship, do you have to find your own transportation to where you meet the excursion guide since its like 10 minutes away it says?

Hi everyone. I'm looking at the Wave Runner Stingray City and Rum Point Tour in Grand Caymans from Island Marketing.. someone who's done it before, can you tell me how it is? Is it worth the money? Also, once you're off the ship, do you have to find your own transportation to where you meet the excursion guide since its like 10 minutes away it says?

I haven't done it before but I know that you can either pay them an extra $5pp each way for transportation to/from the ship or take a taxi.

I sure hope someone answers this I would like to know also. I have had no problem booking with ISMKT in the past they refunded our deposit when we were unable to dock last year in Roatan. This is an expensive way to get to the Stingray City. We have done the boat there but I thought we usally rent jet ski at some point in the trip so why not kill 2 birds with one stone! I did read a cruise review from someone that did this and they said it was great. But I still have a lot of questions!!

We used them in 2009, they can provide transportation from/to the port for like $10 per person, they picked us at at a church that was near Margaritaville (about a 5 minute walk from the dock).

The the excursion starts at the Grand Caymanian Resort. From there we hopped on the waverunners for about 6-7 miles out to the sandbar (Stingray City). We then headed over to Rum Point which is absolutely beautiful!

Hitting 55mph on the waverunners can make your body fatigued....but is sure was a blast! Well worth the price!

• 2 weeks later...
I booked this excursion for next month. It looks like a lot of fun. I love riding waverunners and being out on the blue waters should be an awesome site. It says it is only 2 hours though, wish it was a bit longer.

We are really wanting to do this excursion in April. Please let us know how it goes and how much transportation costs to and from the "resort" that it leaves from.

Thanks and Happy Crusin!

Archived