Water and sparkling wine - classic alcohol package question!

Curly locks

Sorry - another alcohol package related questions! (I tried posting this on the sticky at the top of this board, but have had no reply!) :confused: Can anyone tell me what, if any, sparkling water is included in the classic alcohol package and does anyone know if a glass of the Celebrity sparkling wine is available with this package? Finally, is an Irish Coffee within the price range of $8? Any help is greatly appreciated! Many thanks. :)

We just got off the Equinox a week ago Friday. The only water available on the classic package was a large bottle of still water. No sparkling water on the classic package. There was a sparkling wine available. My in laws drank it and said it was good. I don't drink sparkling wine so I can't say.

Many thanks for the replies!:) Does anyone know if an Irish Coffee is within the price range for the classic alcohol package? Cheers!

HI CURLY LOCKS,

This Question has been raised before.

And if memory serves me right from my recent Solstice Criuse (January 15th) when we were on the Premium Package... the "technical answer" is NO.

A Traditional Irish Coffee... Irish Mist, Coffee, Sugar Rimmed Glass & Whipped Cream is only available on the Premium Package (I didn't have one of those per se, but I seem to recall they and all similar "Specialty Coffees" were around $ 10 or so each)

So too much for the Classic Package (MAX there is $ 8 per pour / glass)

Now if you want to forego the niceties... then you could "technically" get coffee with a shot of Irish Mist (or some other Liquor, or Liqueur) for somewhere within your $ 8 limit

NOTE - Some Liquors & Liquers are PREMIUM so they won't qualify (you need to review the list)

As well, if you are looking for "quality" coffee, such as those that are Espresso based (vs the weak stuff they otherwise serve for FREE) you'll need to convince a Bartender that you need him to double-swipe your card... which is technically against THE RULES on "the Program" (one drink per customer at a time)... BUT not unheard of or impossible to do, especially if you've cultivated yourself a good relationship with that Server (such as ones we had with our Asst Waiter in the MDR... or our favourite Bar on the ship)

Of course, we also made a point of tipping them EXTRA... as I've said countless times before "You do something EXTRA special for me"... "I can certainly do something EXTRA special for you"

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Sloop-JohnB, many thanks for taking the time to reply and sorry the question had been asked before! Still quite new to this site and the amount of info available is amzing and I'm obiously not too good at navigating to find the answers! Having said that, I've read lots of your replies on different topics and your answers are always informative and interesting. Thanks for all your help, great information and for taking the time to reply to my question. Take care!

I too wanted to know whether sparkling water is available and also didn't get a reply on the Sticky when I posted. Do Americans not really like sparkling water? Is Club Soda similar?

You don't find Americans enjoying sparkling water as much as you would say Europeans.

Mineral water, sparkling water, soda water, seltzer are basically all the same. However here the higher end ones would be called "mineral water" with "naturally occurring" being the top of the food chain... And soda water being more generic and typically artificially carbonated.

I too wanted to know whether sparkling water is available and also didn't get a reply on the Sticky when I posted. Do Americans not really like sparkling water? Is Club Soda similar?

It isn't as common here. Because of that you don't see much in what I'd call the "bottled water" class of beverages except for the higher end name brands such as San Pellegrino or Perrier. I guess this extends to the ship which would explain why only the Premium packages, which sell the major brand name items, have sparkling water.

Club soda is pretty much the same thing but a bit more heavily carbonated - more like soda pop. In stores here it is sold either in the sections with soda pop, or liquor mixers, and not in the same section as bottled water like San Pellegrino or Perrier. There are a few other common brands of sparkling water but these are for the most part sold only in cans. Most popular is one called LaCroix.

Thanks so much for your replies Lsimon and Nuke IT. They help so much.

Here in South Africa, sparkling water is available quite cheaply (same price as bottled water). We do get Perrier, but obviously it's much more expensive.

As a sparkling water fan, I think I will have to have Club Soda instead. Would Club Soda be available on the Classic non alcoholic package?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your replies Lsimon and Nuke IT. They help so much.

Here in South Africa, sparkling water is available quite cheaply (same price as bottled water). We do get Perrier, but obviously it's much more expensive.

As a sparkling water fan, I think I will have to have Club Soda instead. Would Club Soda be available on the Classic non alcoholic package?

Thanks again!

Well, I'm not sure about this but I think that Club Soda is not available by the can like soda pop would be. If not then I'd guess you could get a glass from the fountain gun at one of the bars or lounges that was made by carbonating ship's water, but I'm not sure of that nor how that would taste. If the sparkling water was important to you I'd either go for the premium package for an extra $4/day, skip the package and buy items individually, or wait until you're on board and can verify what is available under the classic package on board and then decide.

Well, I'm not sure about this but I think that Club Soda is not available by the can like soda pop would be. If not then I'd guess you could get a glass from the fountain gun at one of the bars or lounges that was made by carbonating ship's water, but I'm not sure of that nor how that would taste. If the sparkling water was important to you I'd either go for the premium package for an extra $4/day, skip the package and buy items individually, or wait until you're on board and can verify what is available under the classic package on board and then decide.

Ok, thanks for your advice. Think I will wait till we board to decide which package to take!

Archived