Picture prices?

Hate 2 W8t

Another thread on picture sizes mentioned $15 for a 6 X 8. I had noticed that picture vouchers on the Princess website were $19.95 for an 8 x 10. It does say "Formal Potrait". Are these only for "formal" nights, or is it just a fancy way to say photo? Are the pic's they take at random throughout the cruise not "formal pictures"? Does the size and price of pictures vary from ship to ship? how many pictures do you normally end up buying? :confused:

I am planning to send myslef these "gifts" to use on my Alaska cruise. It will be easy to buy like one a month until then, rather than getting hit with $100 worth of pictures to pay on my way off the boat. ;)

No, the "formal" photos are not just for formal nights.

There are several evenings when photographers are stationed around the atrium (ususally with a professional back drop)... any of these photos are considered the formal photos. These are usually the only photos that come in 8x10 size.

There are other photos taken such as each time you are getting off the ship at a port, and also in the dining rooms, but these are usually printed in 8x6 sizes.

Great idea about purchasing one for yourself once a month... Those photo costs sure do add up!! (I always buy MANY photos!!!!)

They do this really neat one with an all white background...wear something colorful. They use a lot of different poses. One we purchased (selling at 15 for one or 5 fo 49.95 not to be combined with other formal shots) was walking towards the camera me looking back which was really cool.

these and the balck and white they kept behind the counter for and took about 7 different versions.

First shot is like a mug shot with teh cabin number written down...in front of us...

By the way the Star was very nice.....funny but even at 109,000 tons she still rocked on saturday the night of the 16th

I've noticed that they put cheesy borders on a lot of the shots to make them larger. The embarkation photo itself was only about a 6x8, but they put a big border around it, printed it on 8x10 paper, and charged $19.95 for it. :mad: They do that with the candids they take in the dining room, also, but luckily they also print up a plain version, so you can get the larger "photo" for the same price.

I am planning to send myslef these "gifts" to use on my Alaska cruise. It will be easy to buy like one a month until then, rather than getting hit with $100 worth of pictures to pay on my way off the boat. ;)

What an EXCELLENT idea!!! I am already having a hard time with the fact that shore excursions will be charged to my onboard account... I like to pay in advance as part of my budgeting. This is a great way to prepay some photos!! Thanks! :)

Archived