Just back from Eclipse (Feb 4 -11)

ezcruzer

Just off the Eclipse (Feb 4-11). I figured I’d post a few comments/observations since I benefit so much from info on these boards.

Flew into Fort Lauderdale the night before and used SAS to get to the Miami port. Highly recommend SAS. Prompt, friendly service. Called my cell to let me know they were on the way.

Arrived at port around 12:30. We were on in minutes. Seemed like we snuck in between the opening rush and the mid afternoon rush.

The ship seemed to have some movement. Not really rolling . Seas seemed calm but it was windy the first few days and you could feel movement fairly often. My wife can get seasick but did not and did not even take anything so was not that bad.

Having only booked 2 weeks prior, we had an inside room. It seemed huge. Was very happy with this. Agree with some comments that rooms do not have a lot of storage space. With the extra wall space it seemed like they could have squeezed in a few extra drawers or shelves. Was on the Solstice before and didn’t recall this but I assume it was the same. No big deal really.

They did a nice job with the Super Bowl. Had food and bar setup in the main showroom and had a party atmosphere. The big screen was clear and good reception. The first formal night was moved from this night to Tuesday (St Thomas).

Comedian Troy was excellent but his repeat performances were all the same material – he did let you know that was the case.

The party band played nightly in the grand foyer. I thought they were very good. Many people dancing. Very lively atmosphere.

Thought the food was really good. Definitely better than our last few cruises. Only ate in the MDR, buffet and mast grill. The beef tenderloin on the second formal night was terrific.

Had a great week. No problem with disembarkation….except that we had to go home.

I’d be happy to answer any questions.

Just off the Eclipse (Feb 4-11). I figured I’d post a few comments/observations since I benefit so much from info on these boards.

Flew into Fort Lauderdale the night before and used SAS to get to the Miami port. Highly recommend SAS. Prompt, friendly service. Called my cell to let me know they were on the way.

Arrived at port around 12:30. We were on in minutes. Seemed like we snuck in between the opening rush and the mid afternoon rush.

The ship seemed to have some movement. Not really rolling . Seas seemed calm but it was windy the first few days and you could feel movement fairly often. My wife can get seasick but did not and did not even take anything so was not that bad.

Having only booked 2 weeks prior, we had an inside room. It seemed huge. Was very happy with this. Agree with some comments that rooms do not have a lot of storage space. With the extra wall space it seemed like they could have squeezed in a few extra drawers or shelves. Was on the Solstice before and didn’t recall this but I assume it was the same. No big deal really.

They did a nice job with the Super Bowl. Had food and bar setup in the main showroom and had a party atmosphere. The big screen was clear and good reception. The first formal night was moved from this night to Tuesday (St Thomas).

Comedian Troy was excellent but his repeat performances were all the same material – he did let you know that was the case.

The party band played nightly in the grand foyer. I thought they were very good. Many people dancing. Very lively atmosphere.

Thought the food was really good. Definitely better than our last few cruises. Only ate in the MDR, buffet and mast grill. The beef tenderloin on the second formal night was terrific.

Had a great week. No problem with disembarkation….except that we had to go home.

I’d be happy to answer any questions.

Always great to get up to date info on the ship.Sailing this Saturday on Eclipse and so looking forward to it.What was the weather like during your trip??

Weather was 75-80, mostly sunny. A little windy the first couple days but calmed down. A couple brief showers in St. Thomas but sounded like this was dependent on where you were on the island. St. Maarten and last 2 days at sea were perfect.

It is good to hear you. Had a great time but not happy with confinement of space did you not see above the beds sometimes we take more than we have to we were very comfty a lot of room for stuff. Sounds like the mdr

Menu was still the same.

Brings t back memories from my cruse seeing reports thanks

Archived